Beauty of martensit

After making some pictures today i found a large amount of martensit crystals that reminds me of asteroids in the stardust.

They look beautiful.

So many similarities from big to small in the universe.

post-3496-0-26714800-1587647928_thumb.jpgpost-3496-0-03792400-1587647942_thumb.jpg

Did you see some similarities in your blades?

• Like 13

Dear Chris.

I confess that I am guilty of looking at cloud formations and defining them as hamon.  It happens quite unintentionally, just the other evening I looked out of the window and was heard to mutter, "Sudareba!"

I'm sure that I am not the only one..............I hope?

All the best.

• Like 11

Dear Chris.

I confess that I am guilty of looking at cloud formations and defining them as hamon. It happens quite unintentionally, just the other evening I looked out of the window and was heard to mutter, "Sudareba!"

All the best.

For sure.

Tobiyaki.....

Dear Chris.

I confess that I am guilty of looking at cloud formations and defining them as hamon.  It happens quite unintentionally, just the other evening I looked out of the window and was heard to mutter, "Sudareba!"

All the best.

Geraint, I assure you I am one such.  I was only doing it yesterday and wished I'd had my camera with me to capture it.  I have some cloud/hamon shots in a folder somewhere I'll put up when I next find them.

BaZZa.

• Like 3

Dear Chris.

All the best.

:laughing:

I do it too! Looking at the activities.

... and I’ve done worse. Not too far from my house, there is a road that must have had a very long ware, sorry, I meant pothole. Probably something dragged that dug into the surface. They’ve patched it up with black tar for about 500 meters. Well, every time I drive this road, I classify the repair as togari, choji, midare... yes, I’m crazy that way!

• Like 2

Dear Chris.

All the best.

I have done this as well. I live on an island, and am struck by how much a cloud formation on the horizon over the sea resembles a hamon. Many times.

Steve

• Like 4

Many of the names of features of the hamon and hada are derived from nature.  So clearly what is seen in the sword has reminded our predecessors about natural things.  You guys have swords on your minds so much that nature is reminding you of swords rather than the other way around!!   

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, your second photo appears as if they are floating above the blade, simply amazing. Like meteors.

Dwayne, the second photo are actual asteroids and celestial bodies. It was out there for comparison only to the first picture, which shows are nie

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..