Corona Lock-down Japan

Got this message today..

Thank you visiting my store always!

My store sword stopped selling sword now until will be able to send sword to you.

Because of I can not send you sword now by Corona.

Please understanding current status.

I will be sell sword again when will be able to send it.

I will be tell you when clearing.

But another items can be send to you by EMS or DHL or Fedex

So Please keep watching my e-Bay store.

And if you have question, please tell me.

I'm waiting for your message.

Thank you!

Best regards, xxxxxxx

Charge : xxxxxx

Yes, I got that too...  

She says:

A. she can't send blades. 

B. she can send other items by EMS.

Both statements seem a bit off to me... perhaps owing to poor translation. 

A. Blades are sent by EMS, just like other items.  Of course, they need Japan Customs clearance before sending out.

True, this takes longer than the cheaper items with no export permit, as items are piling up, but they can be sent.

B. EMS items can be sent... BUT only if your country is not on the blocked list.   DHL, Fedex perhaps faster as I belive they have their own customs systems.

Here is the note I am including on my mail outs:

Please note that air mail to some countries is presently blocked (see PDF here:  https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_en.html )
Even if your country is not on the list, there are few planes flying and Customs here is piled up...  There will be delay.
Seamail an alternative...

Kelly Schmidt
Japanese Antique Auctions

I got that also and I also got another message for an actual purchase (Tsuba) which said my country is not accepting ems, so she is sending through dhl instead. It may be that ems is ok for certain countries and the ones it is not, she will do dhl.

Dear Stephen san,

Torokusho license is still working by exchanging post mail.

Kind regards

Aoi Art

On Friday, April 17, 2020 aoijapan.jp <info@aoijapan.jp> wrote:

Dear Stephen san,

EMS delivers the parcel to the US. But it takes much time, due to there are few planes

Kind regards

Aoi Art

• Like 1

Postal worker here. The international air and sea mail transport system is very disrupted right now, as is the commerical passenger flights. There are just not enough regularly scheduled flights going on right now to keep the system running smoothly. Add in unplanned staffing shortages due to the CV on both sides of the pond, and you have quite a backlog right now. 

Eventually the system will get back up and running, and it will all come through. But in the short term, unfortunately, expect to see more delays. We're actually getting mail in from China faster right now than Japan. 

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..