Shipping swords to Japan: COVID-19 update

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid that it also applies to outgoing mail.  Yahoo Japan is not shipping outside Japan for the time being. 

This is false, I'm buying from yahoo through zenmarket, I'm in Europe and I just got a parcel shipped from Japan 16th april. Also I have another parcel prepairing to ship Monday 27th april.

FYI, aoi and others are shifting to FedEx. Received 3 of my 4 shipment from Japan, start to finish they took 4 business days. On the other hand, waiting on some tsubas from Europe which haven't moved an inch in weeks after being dropped off... Seems shut down for the moment there.

I bought 3 tsuba on march 20 from a ebay seller in Japan, on April 4 he sent the next:

post-3515-0-31241800-1588550182_thumb.jpg

Yesterday i contacted him to know if there were updates and told me Japan Post stopped shipping on April 24

and that currently are preparing to ship with UPS and DHL,

Another purchase i had no news from the seller so i cancelled and got a refund.

Unlucky situation :dunno:

Still no sign of my HK package, ordered on 3/20, & no communication from seller, despite several requests for info on how shipping has been impacted.

What shipping service did they use?

i often use 17track to track my packages. The latest info can be had there if you click the name of the shipping service (in blue hypertext) and select official website. Once there, track it again from here as they often include the final, local tracking number. If my post is hard to understand, let me know and I’ll provide an example with detailed pictures.

G'day Guys,

I am waiting for a sword to be shipped from the US to Australia via USPS. The last update was that it had been processed thru the Chicago international distribution centre and was awaiting international departure. That was 28th March and no word since! Does this sound typical for the present conditions or has something gone wrong.

Cheers,

Bryce

Bryce, everything is slow worldwide at the moment. I don’t think that such a delay is Norman though. It doesn’t mean foul play or anything I think, but they have so much delay that it’s probably in a warehouse, forgotten somewhere. I have the same issue fortunately for just a seppa. Hopefully, when things clear up a little, your package and mine will be found but brace yourself for a very long wait and possible loss.

To contribute to the original thread:

Until further notice, there will be a suspension or delay at best for Japan Post/EMS parcels to these countries:

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_01_en.pdf

This list is from the beginning of March and has not been revoked yet. I received a sword shipment via EMS on March 3rd, but Germany as US and UK is not on the list. I personally think that shipments will go out from Japan after a due delay, but I would not take the risk of sending any parcel there right now.

Best, Martin

Everything is out of sync right now, and the Japan Post list seems to be more or less just a guideline. A friend shipped swords to the US a month or so ago, and all - except those that were supposed to go to NY - were accepted. Last time I looked, New York wasn‘t a country. A parcel from the UK was sent to me on March 30, and - according to the tracking website - was dispatched twice (no idea how that is possible), and finally arrived yesterday. 

Yes, it works really bad with Japan. I have a parcel that has been stuck in Osaka for more than two weeks (regular shipping) and has just landed in France last week but is still in customs. I have another via EMS which has been in Tokyo for about two weeks. On the 5th, I was notified that it was finally being transferred to the French EMS company, but transfer must be quite long as it still isn’t in their hands. So far, from all the countries I order from, Japan seems to be the most affected in their functioning. HK and China are quite long, but China always is, even during regular times.

Bryce,

I'm in the same boat, I've been waiting on a package from the US to Aus which was sent on the 12th March and according to the tracking it left LA international distribution centre on the 27th of March... it's May 11th, no tracking updates, no package...

It was sent first class international mail, I know that service isn't priority, but f-ing damn!

I've opened an enquiry with Aus post, they are saying to wait till the end of May before opening a further investigation

To contribute to the original thread:

Until further notice, there will be a suspension or delay at best for Japan Post/EMS parcels to these countries:

https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_01_en.pdf

This list is from the beginning of March and has not been revoked yet. I received a sword shipment via EMS on March 3rd, but Germany as US and UK is not on the list. I personally think that shipments will go out from Japan after a due delay, but I would not take the risk of sending any parcel there right now.

Best, Martin

what was I telling you? The seppa (posted on April 2, from England to France, roughly a tiny baby leap on the world’s scale) showed up today, more than a month after shipping!

The only thing that makes my happy is the fact that you all wait too. I think now my sword came with a sail ship from australia to europe. But i think they take the route around south america ????

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..