WTB: Tsuba from Tanaka, Otsuki, Ichijo, Ishiguro, Mito School

terminus

Hi all,

Gosh this hobby doesn’t stop does it? I’m back at it again and am looking for high quality tsubas from these schools:

-Tanaka

-Otsuki/Natsuo

-Ichijo (prefer student works)

-Ishiguro

-Mito (especially Hagiya Katsuhira)

PM me and I’ll reply as fast as I can.

Cheers,

Tony

Thanks Ted, great tsuba. You know my tastes well! Just some general question

-Is Unno school considered it’s own school or is it under the Mito School?

-is Kiryuken Yoshimori nidae, also Unno Bisei?

I’ll email you about actual details of the tsuba soon.

The Unno line originated from Mito area.  My limited understanding is that the Unno school is considered independant as a school with Unno Shomin, who was the nephew of the Shodai Unno Yoshimori, who was also known as the Unno Bisei you asked about.  So Nidai Yoshimori was not the same as Unno Bisei.    Nidai did not even study directly with Shodai Yoshimori because the Shodai died two years before the Nidai was born.  He did however study with Shomin who was from Mito, whom studied with his uncle who was from Mito, and also with Hagiya Katsuhira, who was from Mito.  So the tap root to Mito was very strong, but where to draw the line in transition between Mito and Unno as "schools" isn't clear to me.  I had a pair of mumei menuki with NBTHK Hozon papers to "海野派" Unno Ha, so it is recognized as a school and menuki probably a product pre-hatorei edict placing it on at least Shomin's shoulders but perhaps Shodai Yoshimori.   

I remember a very lovely pair of Fugu menuki some little while back.  And an extraordinary red copper tsuba of a fish head.  Do you have that one Tony???  How about some teaser shots of what you currently have???

BaZZa.

• 4 weeks later...

I remember a very lovely pair of Fugu menuki some little while back.  And an extraordinary red copper tsuba of a fish head.  Do you have that one Tony???  How about some teaser shots of what you currently have???

BaZZa.

Don't think I've seen that one. The tsuba in my profile pic is one I actually own. 

Bumping. Any themes of octopus, whale , fungus/mushrooms, birds of prey, are very much wanted as well no matter the school. Prefer 7.5cm or larger tsuba. 

Archived