Help on sword details

The sister of a friend in Los Angeles was hired to clean out the house of a deceased person, & to keep & sell any of the contents.

She found the following sword, & since I know nothing about military blades, I would appreciate any info that I can pass to her:

post-233-0-52789400-1584056629_thumb.jpgpost-233-0-62525300-1584056651_thumb.jpgpost-233-0-63187400-1584056685_thumb.jpg

post-233-0-39449100-1584056730_thumb.jpgpost-233-0-10834500-1584056756_thumb.jpgpost-233-0-06503500-1584056784_thumb.jpg

It’s a bit “rarer” than most as it has the patented saga drag. It’s got a painted Stuka handle - no same. I’ve only seen that done a couple of times. So a mix of higher-end fittings and lower end (paintedtsuka). They sell from $500 to $900. Without seeing the nakago, I’d put this at the $750 range.

• Like 1

Nope. What you see is what I'm likely to get. The sister is not the brightest bulb on the tree, & was about to trade it for a McDonald's Big Mac, until my friend told her to hang onto it. So I doubt she'll be smart enough to do any disassembly.

Sound like some friend...

Bruce, JU87 Stuka? :dunno:

You know that 4 out of 3 sword collectors are dyslexic!!!

Bruce that isn't a patent Ishikuze, the bottom od the leather has deteriorated leaving the wood saya exposed.

Yep. Upon closer examination, I can see the error of my ways.

I think I'll retire for the evening, gents!

• Like 2

Nope. What you see is what I'm likely to get. The sister is not the brightest bulb on the tree, & was about to trade it for a McDonald's Big Mac, until my friend told her to hang onto it. So I doubt she'll be smart enough to do any disassembly.

"The brightest bulb on the three"; thanks Ken, I did not know this english expression, it made me laugh!  :laughing:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..