Chicago Sword Show April 24-26, 2020

As of today March 10, 2020 the Chicago Show is ON as scheduled. If  anything changes i will post it here immediately.  The hotel room block  is getting full, if you have trouble getting a room let me know. Tables  are sold out but if you want a table let me know i may have a  cancellation. Thanks for the interest i look for a great show this year. 

Thanks

Mark

www.chicagoswordshow.com
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/CHIRW/G-MTKN
https://www.facebook.com/Chicago-Samurai-Sword-Show-247511275418215/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARBZrmEi4Kpgsf1BuMuUYgz_x8XkzXqAtEA4mhswfiexQhqgDy1Y26s2RUsZVHnkRIIv2Iyrndxr-xs8

no idea what the future holds but as of now it is on. My intent is to have the show if i can. If there is some travel issues or if you can't have more than 10 people in a room i guess it will be a problem. A lot of people drive so that should be a plus. I can see large events cancelling where there are thousands of people but the number of people at the show is more like the numbers you might find at a grocery store so not sure what type of restrictions there might be.  If there are any changes i will post here, on FB sites, and my show website  www.chicagoswordshow.com 

I agree. Not only bars, restaurants, & all tourist attractions are closed down, but the entire island of Kauai has a 9 PM - 5 AM curfew! And our governor is asking tourists to stay away for the next 30 days, so the chance that a sword meeting is going to happen is zilch.

**********2020 Chicago SHOW CANCELLED*******

The hotel just contacted me to say in line with CDC guidelines they are cancelling all events in April. If you have a room reservation they should cancel it Tuesday and you will get an email. If you have paid for table(s) give me a week and i will contact you. I will have dates for 2021 shortly and hope to see you all then.

But I live just down the street and this only happens once a year! I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!! OK... foot stomping temper tantrum over. :) Everyone stay safe and healthy. Feel bad for Mark and all his hard work. Thank you sir!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Disappointed about the cancelled Show... so in honor of all the good memories of past Shows... today I laid out my meager collection and am spending a little time looking at my blades. Not the same though......

Also treated myself to some incense, a tea sweet, and a bowl of matcha. Who knows, maybe I will sit down at my tea table and practice Chanoyu (tea ceremony).

Stay safe and healthy everyone. Looking forward to next year already!!!

• Like 5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..