Help definition original or not Japanese NCO sword type 95

Arem,

Shamsy or Stegel might correct me on this, but I believe it's a very good replica, probably from Poland. They are making some very good copies. A couple of examples from a legit one will show you some differences. The fuller grove on Tokyo/Kokura blade tips always mirror the shape of the kissaki (example below). And the designs on the tsuka top should be raised, not punched in like yours (example below).

post-3487-0-52272800-1579626714_thumb.jpgpost-3487-0-80087500-1579627069_thumb.jpg

Compare yours:

post-3487-0-35756400-1579626928_thumb.jpgpost-3487-0-48188100-1579626939_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

This one definitely causes a "double take" at first glance.    Saya paint jumped out at me from the "distance" photos, but other issues required me to look much closer!   Dave says what I often think on this matter …  invest now while it is still amateur phase. 

• Like 1

At first glance it looks real good but the devil is in the details. This is a nice example and alot better than most of the fakes. +1 for Bruce and I agree with Shamsy (Patina and things like serial ranges and small manufacturing differences will be the way to judge swords in the future).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..