rare naval sword

I can see where some get the idea that people say its fake or iffy from the tone of the message. But in reality, it is just stating that it is not something that is seen due to the way it is engraved. But if it did come out of a gun show in the 70s and definitely can vouch for Fred as well, I agree. It is human nature to get a little upset at someone if there is a hint of disbelief, but I think this resolved itself!

It is wise to approach and treat non-textbook examples with suspicion (guilty until proven innocent), one of the reasons study is fun in this hobby.

Regardless, looks like a very nice blade, even with the pitting! If it stays at that price, congrats! If I hadn't bought the blade I did and had the funds, I would sit through the night waiting for this, lol.

Also Fred,

I'm not sure if you have been made aware, or if he is just posting this as a study, but our forum's little "friend" from Mesquite is using pics of this blade on youtube.

https://youtu.be/N__Yir_-tRc

Gentlemen, I have sent this via You Tube:

Good evening Sir,
I have been following the thread regarding this excellent sword on another internet form of communication, and was pointed here on You Tube U.K. to observe this video, being based here in the United Kingdom.
With due respect, Mens Rea, can you categorically prove beyond all reasonable doubt under U.K. Statute, that this has been produced with the owners express permission to be broadcast within the confines of the United Kingdom.
United Kingdom statute law is quite precise regarding copyright, defamation of character, moral rights, implied and both actual and libellous actions, statements and forms of public discourse, howsoever implied or communicated, by whatever means within the sovereign dominion of the United Kingdom.
I shall, as a matter of courtesy, supply a copy of this to the gentleman, who is the owner of this item herein described in your video.
Having obtained his comments regarding this, I will contact you again using this means of communication, bearing in mind the time differences between the United Kingdom and the United States, which is where, I believe that you reside, as your Video communication was beyond the boundaries of your home State.
Very best regards
Malcolm Taylor
United Kingdom time 18.40 Hrs

This is what has been posted, after a delay of way more than the stated 1 second:

Good evening Sir, I have been following the thread regarding this excellent sword on another internet form of communication, and was pointed here on You Tube U.K. to observe this video, being based here in the United Kingdom.

As you can see, the full draft of the post has been swiftly edited somewhere in the ether.

I am not aware of the precise details in respect of both intellectual property and interstate dissemination of such information, in particular to areas including the United Kingdom.

Mr Geyer, the You Tube poster known as Samurai Monkey 42 states on an number of occasions that he has your permission to post his video.

Please confirm this here, and I will immediately desist contacting the You Tube poster known as Samurai Monkey, from the United Kingdom.

Very best regards

Malcolm.

PS It seems that the gentleman poster Samurai Monkey 42, may be a member here, albeit under a nom de guerre.

• Like 1

I have also sent this follow up, which has been printed in full:

Good evening Sir, would you kindly print the entire comment I made above, which has now been relayed in complete form to the internet forum which the owner of the sword originally posted the images belongs. Very best regards Malcolm Taylor

• Like 1

Well, I guess it's up to Fred now to tell us if he gave this guy permission to post the video.
It's his choice I guess. However, either way I do not care if the monkey is a member here or not (I would be surprised if he isn't) and I don't care if he had permission or not. We have 100% proof beyond doubt that he commits fraud with his items and I have saved much of the info in case it is needed.

• Like 1

Agreed. Not going to lie, while I was looking up if there were any more Minatogawas up for sale at present, I saw the video title and thought, "Why did he do now?"

While I don't technically condone calling someone out in public, in this case I do. As Brian said, he has done enough to collectors as well as destroying swords and other militaria that people need to be aware. I would not want my images being used by someone like that either.

As can be seen, multiple people have already called him out on the video, as well as seeing his lie about the video being granted permission. I hope to see him at the Mesquite or Dallas area gun shows, people need to know...

Well, I guess it's up to Fred now to tell us if he gave this guy permission to post the video.

It's his choice I guess. However, either way I do not care if the monkey is a member here or not (I would be surprised if he isn't) and I don't care if he had permission or not. We have 100% proof beyond doubt that he commits fraud with his items and I have saved much of the info in case it is needed.

Keep your enemies close right?

I just went back to  the monkey's video; he answered my negative comment by telling me that the owner asked him to post the images....I answered "Bullsh%t, you are shameless" but I doubt he will let that go through his comment screening. What an a#$hole.

EDIT: I went to see, and indeed my comment posted! Haha! :crazy:

Very nice! Both buyer and seller are really happy, I reckon! I need to win a small lottery, haha.

But I agree, for the sake of yourself, vollectors here and elsewhere, I hope that this guy gets banned from shows the community. Free country, but I think people that scams others from their hard-earned dough should be prosecuted, no matter what it is.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..