Ebay tax

Yeah, been a long time since I sent anything there. The NY tax hurts, but they are good forwarders and get stuff here in 3 days. So I use them when I need stuff.
Like now...need some silly rubber band for a bandsaw that is like $20, and it will likely cost me another $50 to get it here. Crazy, but what are you gonna do when your postal service doesn't work.

• Like 1

It's not eBay, there was a new ruling/law/whatnot that allowed states to elect to collect sales tax on online sales from out of state sellers regardless whether or not they had a physical presence in that state.  IIRC this is from the decision on Wayfair v. S. Dakota.  I suppose you'll see PayPal (as well as other payment processers) automatically collecting the sales tax on transactions if they haven't started already.

• Like 1

It's not eBay, there was a new ruling/law/whatnot that allowed states to elect to collect sales tax on online sales from out of state sellers regardless whether or not they had a physical presence in that state. IIRC this is from the decision on Wayfair v. S. Dakota. I suppose you'll see PayPal (as well as other payment processers) automatically collecting the sales tax on transactions if they haven't started already.

Right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..