UNIDENTIFIED "PAPER" - OLD TOROKU? OR TAG OR LABEL

For general interest I present these two images that have popped up in an auction described as a "surrender tag".  Plainly it is not.  I cannot read the particular SHOWA date because the kanji is mangled.  I'm not at all after a full translation and present this here to simply ask does anybody (or somebody, or Nobody) know what kind of tag this is?  I'm guessing it may be a sword shop ID label, or with all the conditions on the back maybe an old Toroku.

BaZZa.

post-671-0-29067800-1577015444_thumb.jpg   post-671-0-05570300-1577015518_thumb.jpg

Thank you gents for your opinions.  With due deference to the rule to not comment on auctions in progress, i hereby give the auction link sent to me by a friend for comment, however I will not post my reply to him.  Feel free to draw your own conclusions - oh, and by all means comment if Brian permits it.  There are good reasons for so doing.

https://www.invaluable.com/auction-lot/samurai-sword-katana-in-civilian-mounts-with-sur-ca84f35b89

BaZZa.

• Like 1

Didn't study it closely, but mei doesn't inspire me to do so.  The same auction has a gunto with a sword signed Inoue izumi no kami kunisada.   I think that it's trying to be Oya Kunisada, the father of Inoue Shinkai, but again, it's not too convincing.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..