Type 95 NCO Sword Questions?

Smee78

Hey Ron - 

I am late to the game on this one and CONGRATS on the nice gift from your wife!!!!  -  a superb present and she dodged the monkey minefield.   If she is that supportive, might I suggest that you can tell her an awesome future gift is one of the reference publications (Dawson's or the Fuller & Gregory book).    They are informative reads.  There is a ton of good references now online and of course this superb team here at the forum, … but when my wife is in the giving mood (rare these days),  I steer her towards the reference books OR if she wants to buy a sword for me from a dealer,  I cut the deal in advance so it is easy navigating for her.     :laughing:   cheers, Dan 

• Like 2

Thanks Dan,

I have picked up the Fuller book Military Swords of Japan 1868-1945 and one other book thus far, I'm reading as much as I can. I understand about "but when my wife is in the giving mood (rare these days)"  I'm wondering what this "gift" will cost me lol? 

• Like 2

Ron - I hear ya on that point … I know the Dawson book runs for 150.00 on Amazon.   I think I got mine for 100.00 via one of these forums,  just keep checking "books for sale" and one pops up on occasion.  It's a good investment if your sword collecting habit is a serious one (IMHO).      Dan 

Ron - I hear ya on that point … I know the Dawson book runs for 150.00 on Amazon.   I think I got mine for 100.00 via one of these forums,  just keep checking "books for sale" and one pops up on occasion.  It's a good investment if your sword collecting habit is a serious one (IMHO).      Dan 

Stenger-Scott Publishing

http://www.stenger-scott.com/#issue/Issue/portrait/1

So in my endevor to find a replacement screw/retainer for the handle of my NCO I emailed monkey....I know I know. I was just curious and his reply was that yes he had one and would sell it to me for....wait for it....$160 LOL.  I would like a replacement and I know they are hard to find but for $160 I will pass. I will just keep an eye out for a junk/parts sword.

I had my eye on a ww2 period photo (PHOTO) of a Japanese officer with his sword/leather saya ....portait style.  I lost out on the bid for the photo, it went to monkey for about 18 USD.   Within approx. 1 week, he reposts it for sale on ebay at a "buy it now" price of over 100.00 USD for  -   enough said.    

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..