When is the raffle?

Rick,

Well..since you brought it up... :)

I usually like to start it around the beginning of October until the end of the year. However I don't want to start it until we have some nice prizes to offer. And since I plan on being in Japan until the end of November, that is going to make it difficult to manage ticket sales and allocations too.

Bit of a worry since I really need to start getting organized and find some prizes.

I think due to the circumstances, I might have to start selling tickets from the end of November and maybe run it until the end of January.

Don't want to sell any tickets unless we have nice prizes on offer. Am away on business right now, so will try and get working on it all when I get back next week. Lungs are recovering too, so almost back to normal and will get cracking on the raffle.

Regards,

Brian

I can donate an extra book...The Connoisseurs Book of Japanese Swords...in great condition.

The items I have in my collection...not many here are interested in, I'm in that low price bracket...that doesnt seem to get many hits :D

I'll just stick with buying lots of tickets!

Rick

Thanks Rick,

Yep..if anyone can't donate, you can always buy a few tickets. They should be just $10 each again. However no raffle without prizes, and much as i hate to ask, if anyone does have anything they can live without, it would be very much appreciated. No official request just yet, but if you can start thinking about it, we can get this started asap and get a load off my mind :)

Regards,

Brian

If not nihonto enough I can with draw the offer of this banner. I use to hang it at Gun shows as they had very high ceilings, (about 20') and around my table at sword shows. be great if you had a shop to attract customers or put it up on a holiday. not sure what the letters in lower right hand corner are...if its not wanted by anyone I'll put it up on Ebay, otherwise my meager offering for the raffle.

post-21-14196750742718_thumb.jpg

not sure what the letters in lower right hand corner are...
Can't read that seal neither, but the scene depicted looks like the battle between Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen at Kawanakajima.

The character is 壽 (= 寿: Kotobuki).

BTW, the picture shows the reverse side of the banner.

Thanks guys. Will get cracking on this when I get back. We really do need some good prizes this year, and I hate to ask, but if anyone does have anything that they are prepared to offer or sell at a good price, please do let me know via pm or email. No rush, still plenty of time.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mike.

Carlo has also donated 2 very nice catalogs from the Stibbert museum to add to the list.

I will start getting the raffle organised in the next few days. I do ask if any has anything nice that they can spare at all, please let me know via pm or email or here, as the success of the raffle depends greatly on the kindness of the members here. It looks like I may have to purchase something in Japan, as I would like to have a few top prizes to entice everyone to purchase tickets.

Regards,

Brian

We have a nice Heianjo tsuba donated by Dirk, and a very nice grouping of fittings (f/k menuki set, and 3 kozuka donated by Jean. Thanks very much guys!

Raffle is coming along nicely. Last chance if anyone has some stuff that they can donate to a good cause. It all goes back into the forum. I will put up the list and pics in a week or 2 and decide when we go live.

Regards,

Brian

Quoting Capt. Willard " I am waiting for a mission " ( in Viet-Fuc%$#- Nam ).........

I need to know when is the drawing date as after Jan.09 I may be out of communication for a while.....( assuming you want me to donate something for the lottery, that is )

milt

Milt,

I'd love you to donate something! :) Thank you very much.

Drawing will likely only be at the end of January due to time constraints. Perhaps we can arrange to ship the item somewhere beforehand from where it can be sent on. I'll contact you via pm and we can work something out. I am sure wherever you are they will have decent comms. They are sending you to Vietnam?? :shock:

Ah well..closer to Japan I guess.

Brian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..