Need for "pinned" Type 95 NCO informational post.

WilBru5

Hello all.

I have heard it suggested.  And I agree with the thought.  there is enough interest in the subject to warrant a pinned informational post on the Type 95 swords.  There are several very informed, well respected, long time members here who have information and photos gleaned from years of dedicated study of these particular swords.  A pinned post would certainly help new admirers and researchers with readily available information.

What say yee??  

Shall we try to prompt Brian into adding one?

I was thinking the same thing when I read Stegel's all-encompassing post. StuW has a very informative history/introduction to the Type 95 - http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/Japanese-militaria/ija-type-95-nco-sword-info-228172/- but Shamsy's and Stegel's contributions go considerably beyond that thread. I would love to have it pinned for easy access.

• Like 2

We don't have a single all-encompassing thread with all the info on them in it.
In order to pin a certain post, we need ONE post with all the info, as I don't have the time to cut and paste and compile from different posts.
Instead, if someone has time...copy and paste the relevant info into a single word doc and I'll create a pdf from it. Would need to add the pics into the doc though. A lot of work for anyone.

Bruce

I agree with you 100%.  Plus having those contributions from Shamsy, Stegel, and others combined and right out front allows amending and adding information as new discoveries are verified... instead of bits and pieces of the history becoming lost and buried as old posts become cold stale and archived. 

We don't have a single all-encompassing thread with all the info on them in it.

In order to pin a certain post, we need ONE post with all the info, as I don't have the time to cut and paste and compile from different posts.

Instead, if someone has time...copy and paste the relevant info into a single word doc and I'll create a pdf from it. Would need to add the pics into the doc though. A lot of work for anyone.

Brian could we put out a call and see who here is interested in doing this?

In fact Brian...

I have the time software and inclination.  So, if you don't object... I'll PM Nick Komoya and Stu W.  over at WarRelics, ( because they have already compiled and posted very informative and factual posts) and Bruce P, Stegel, & Shamsy here, ( because they have a wealth of information contained in and as evidenced by their posts).  I will seek permission from these persons to repost the information they have, (crediting them for the information of course).  Once I have their information combined and consolidated into a draft, I will PM or e-mail you and each of them the draft.  That way, (as the learned historians & experts), they can provide tweaks and modifications to the draft so we can provide the community a quality informational and educational fact based pinned report on the type 95 swords.

Do you approve of me proceeding with this endeavor?

Sincerely

Bruce W.

• Like 3

Just giving an update.

The project is moving  forward.  I have received permissions from most sources and have started collecting, and consolidating the various references materials.  

Please note; even as we look forward to having this pinned and available... remember it will take time to produce a quality document.  

• Like 5

Just giving an update.

The project is moving  forward.  I have received permissions from most sources and have started collecting, and consolidating the various references materials.  

Please note; even as we look forward to having this pinned and available... remember it will take time to produce a quality document.

Looks like you and I are pursuing a similar endeavor! You with 95s and me with Mantetsu! Thank God, Brice will be our guide. And I feel for you (and me!) in front of the immensity of the work! :lol

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..