Contacting the NTHK

Greetings,

I wonder if anyone know where to contact the NTHK, Yoshikawa branch in Japan to obtain Shinsa origami?

I sumbitted a katana for the Shinsa held in Tampa, Florida earlier this year and it passed to kanteisho. Unfortunately I have been unable to get anything but the worksheet from the session despite several inquiries lately.

I know people have obtained their origami by now so after several unanswered inquiries I now consider it lost and would like to get in touch with the organization directly, rather then through the agent submitting my blade to get what I paid for.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks all,

Ray he is who I had help me with the Shinsa at the start of the year as offered on his website. But either he is too busy or whatever to get back to me. I know most of the kanteisho is distributed to recipients now with tracking numbers and if there is some that is a later batch and mine being one of them there is no problem with that, but weeks and months without even replying to several inquiries.. I'd rather ask the NTHK directly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still nothing, I know my email and facebook message have been read.

As Mr. Yoshikawa, the head of the NTHK sadly passed away recently and I know he and Moses were friends I am letting this rest for now.

Eventually though I would very much like this sorted, a $400 loss for Shinsa and origami is no disaster but it is not very hard to respond to a message or post a letter either.

Still, if anyone knows how to reach the NTHK I would be grateful.

• 1 month later...

Really starting to wonder about this guy.. he's selling swords off his website so he is clearly alive but he does not respond to emails or the facebook message I know he read nor the inquiry through his website regarding the missing origami.

Seems like an honest hardworking individual but if he dropped the ball he should at least own up to it or give an explanation, cause so far I'm out $440 with a shinsa worksheet and a new mekugi to show for it.

Not acceptable that someone should pay for a service and not receive any feedback like this.\

NTHK has some obligation here. Does anyone have a tel number for Omar, for either the NTHK or Moses, that they can send via pm?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Stephen has very graciously and kindly given me some information, but I'd rather not get more people involved unless absolutely necessary, especially during these times where a missing piece of paper does not matter at all.

At this point, about a year since the Tampa Shinsa I've given up on getting my origami from the agent, and will thus also take a planned sword restoration project elsewhere. Not my best spent $440. If anyone happens to have a way of reaching the NTHK (Yoshikawa group), an email, a phone number or otherwise I'd be happy for any information and try to take it from there myself.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..