8 December Heritage Auctions Sale

• 4 weeks later...

If you are talking about the blade with the Ranma Sukashi horimono that was said to have a spurious signature to Yukinaga, well it did have a paper that wasn’t added with the piece as did several of the items. I am not sure who did the actual write ups, but boy were they way off. This collection was from an old client who had me certify several of the items, that being said, items were mis handled, mis represented and terrible pics making it a good shopping day for alot of people. ???? M Yamasaki

• Like 1

I am curious what others thought of the 'Inoue Shinkai'. The sword had NTHK papers and it appeared to have previous sold for $35,000. It sat on the Heritage website with a $4,250 Buy It Now price for weeks after the auction. To my eyes it appeared to be gimei, and was dated months before this smith was believed to have changed his mei to Shinkai.

post-457-0-41795400-1577979218.jpgpost-457-0-77704800-1577979159_thumb.pngpost-457-0-37742800-1577979163_thumb.jpegpost-457-0-86523600-1577979166_thumb.jpegpost-457-0-24316900-1577979170_thumb.jpegpost-457-0-22689300-1577979174_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

I am curious what others thought of the 'Inoue Shinkai'. The sword had NTHK papers and it appeared to have previous sold for $35,000. It sat on the Heritage website with a $4,250 Buy It Now price for weeks after the auction. To my eyes it appeared to be gimei, and was dated months before this smith was believed to have changed his mei to Shinkai.

attachicon.gifPSX_20191210_190803.jpgattachicon.gifimage.pngattachicon.giflf (2).jpegattachicon.giflf (3).jpegattachicon.giflf (4).jpegattachicon.giflf (5).jpeg

If this was a genuine Shinkai, it would have been purchased, even with its current npo certificate there was no confidence in the bidding.

• Like 2

I bought a tanto post auction from this sale. The blade was actually more interesting in hand than in the auction photos. Unfortunately it had also acquired 2 fingerprints, one on each side, as if someone held it btwn thumb and forefinger. I tried unsuccessfully to remove the prints with a soft cloth, and wound up returning the tanto.

• 1 month later...

FYI: Just saw this posted on Facebook (TETSUGENDO Mr. Mike Yamasaki)

Tetsugendo.com
53 mins · 
I just recently heard about a strange rumor. Apparently, because of a person who went bankrupt recently sold their sword collection on the Heritage Auction site, the rumor mill said it was my items.
To be clear, this collection was once the property of a California collector that went bankrupt, I did run several items through shinsa for this person, thus my familiarity of the items, in fact I purchased some myself very happily.
So yes, still in business and still kicking!
Some people have nothing better to do than spread negative feelings and false rumors just because their own lives have no meaning.
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..