Type 95 ID help

elktonjohn

The serial numbers match, are below 3,000, one hole tang, copper handle w/single mount, Saya is right style...no drag, some aspects look right but am unsure if it's legitimate....saya looks like a brass wash was applied which seems odd.

I hope the resolution is ok, any thoughts greatly appreciated

post-5175-0-37922300-1574487036_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-69225400-1574487054_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-45146100-1574487071_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-86994600-1574487090_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-84226500-1574487105_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-51887200-1574487129_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-32078000-1574487152_thumb.jpg

post-5175-0-72314800-1574487164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the replies, they are much appreciated indeed. This Copper NCO is going to be sold sometime in the next month or 2, I already have a NCO that I've owned for about 20 years and I spent many hours polishing that blade...not willing to do that again... but the numbers for the Copper NCO do match it's Saya's and I will be more than happy to provide it's new owner's general location and the numbers. I don't have it handy at the moment ...the number is in the 2700 range...and obviously it's in Virginia right now. Again many thanks, and not sure of the etiquette here...I'll probably list it on ebay but not sure if it's bad form to announce that...apologies, John

• 1 month later...

Just a note to say again thanks to all who helped me id this sword and to let you know that I intend to put it up on ebay in a week or so, currently I'm waiting for a clear day to take better pictures. It may take a while. But in the meantime I thought I would test the waters here...however I have never sold anything over a forum such as this. I will put it up for sale in the appropriate section, list the asking price and of course add photos etc....my concern is about how to handle payment. Is there any reason not to use Escrow.com? I usually just use paypal for my ebay stuff but i like the idea of the escrow service so that I as the seller have a greater degree of safety and also that the buyer has a chance to see if the sword meets their expectations...any thoughts on the escrow.com concept would be greatly appreciated...regards, John

Elkton !

myself and a few other collectors I know are less enchanted with purchasing from Ebay nowdays... due to change in tax laws. It doesn't apply to all states, but ... for example, I am also in Virginia and it is a big hit.   It's a VERY big tax hit on a nice sword purchase on ebay.   So, I have been buying stuff via  forums (using paypal) when the opportunity allows.   It's just an input to consider.   Dan 

• Like 1

Elkton !

myself and a few other collectors I know are less enchanted with purchasing from Ebay nowdays... due to change in tax laws. It doesn't apply to all states, but ... for example, I am also in Virginia and it is a big hit.   It's a VERY big tax hit on a nice sword purchase on ebay.   So, I have been buying stuff via  forums (using paypal) when the opportunity allows.   It's just an input to consider.   Dan 

Yep, California buyer gets charge 10% tax for purchase from eBay...

Thank you all for the replies and advice there-in...I'm ok with paypal in general but had to ask regarding the Escrow.com, seems like a decent concept. As for trusting a potential buyer on this forum...I'm certainly not concerned with the integrity of regular contributors but there are many "visitors" such as myself who are of concern...I'm not sure how to vet potential buyers but I'll give it a whirl. If anyone thinks that the original pics are sufficient please lmk...if anyone needs or wants any particular shot taken then lmk. It's still crummy weather here in Va, hopefully a decent photo shoot is in the cards but I can get some specific photos if any are needed prior to me putting it for sale here. Thanks again, John

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..