Ubu nihonto need help with identification

Hello, I have a katana which I have had a difficult time identifying. Appears to have mostly masame hada with openings in some of the graining. Nagasa 70cm Motohaba 3 cm sakihaba 2cm Kasane .8cm Length of kissaki 3.2cm length of nagasa 19.05cm. Nakago appears to have dark well established patina and is ubu and mumei. Yusurime katte sagari. Gentle oroshi Iori Mune. Hamon Suguha with some activity in it. Boshi from what I can observe may be Hakikake. My best guess it may be a school of the Yamato tradition but unsure of age. Maybe Muromachi.

post-4538-0-28025700-1574283596_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-11628100-1574283639_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-83698500-1574283672_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-87692300-1574283712_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-87425700-1574283740_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-75736100-1574283827_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-34450100-1574283872_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-57937700-1574283903_thumb.jpeg

post-4538-0-72481900-1574283957_thumb.jpeg

Okay, once more in serious need of being educated here!

I've looked at that blade and tried to kantei it came to very inconclusive conclusions!  Since i know you guys are right and I am wrong, would you please correct me what I got wrong, please?

So, here was my train of thoughts:

We have a blade with a nagasa of 70 cm, with clear tapering towards the point (1cm less!). The nakago is dark with two mekugi ana, one clearly drilled and the older one probably drilled too. this would rather point me towards shinto although i agree that the sori looks more muromachi. The nakago isn't that short for a muromachi piece though. Hada looks very rough with lots of forging defects Contrary to George, I think it's not masame hada but itame. The masame seems especially concentrated in the shinogi ji area, another, but not exclusive, trait of shinto swordsmithing. The hamon seems frosty, not too well defined suguha but this conclusion could be due to the pictures or bad polishing. I know bizen smiths sometimes used suguha, but it's not exactly why they are known for. Conclusion, well I can't seem to be able to conclude anything!

Bizen production was nearly if not all anihilated in 1590 with the great flood, so if this is a Bizen sword, it had to be produced before that. The only Kazuu Uchi Mono I've ever seen were swords sold on Aoi art and they looked like quite good swords, signed Bishu Osafune and showing some Bizen characteristics I'm not finding here.

So, how do you come to that conclusion? What are the signs to look for?

Is it just: Bad forging+Muromachi sugata=Bizen=kazuu uchi mono?

It cannot be that simple! what am I not seeing there?

Thanks in advance for the kantei lesson! :)

Thank you Austus. Many here on the board are much better obtaining pictures/ lighting etc.. there is even a thread I believe created here by a member on this subject. Nihonto photography is an art onto itself. Thank you for your comment but I am very much an amateur here trying to learn.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..