Ford Hallam has had a heart attack and is hospitalized

Jean

my best wishes!

sorry for being that late- i am not regularely following...

please do ( not ) tell him! it is absolutely nonsense! ( as i told him many times before )

he shall take a beer and be with your´s! much better !

do give him a kiss from me!

Christian :thumbsup:

i am very Sorry! to read this!.....my thumps are yours!

Latest update and a fundraiser:

Hello, it's Bella again. You will be tired of me soon, posting all the time! I'm not as interesting as Ford by a long chalk but I can keep you all updated. It's 4 o'clock in the morning here in the UK and I can't sleep so instead I am replying to some of the many lovely emails I have received from people. Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts, I am enjoying reading them very much and it is helping me not think about all the scary things. I will get through them all I promise.

I went to see Ford this evening, it was so lovely to see him and I hope to be allowed to bring him home tomorrow. He looked a lot better than he did last week (understatement) and is of course joking about not doing things by halves, 7 stents is a huge amount. I will let him tell you all about it when he gets out but it sounds horrid and very stressful. The doctors have said it's very important to rest and I think he isn't even allowed to start rehab for a month.

Kevin Klein has set up a Gofundme for him, which is a really lovely and kind thing to do. I wondered whether I should share it here and we thought I should but I need to make it clear that its coming from me. I think Ford will struggle with it, but there you go. He's not here and I am in charge of his page - mwhahahaha,

Please, please only give if it's easy to do. Craftspeople know and understand what this life is like, I suppose in some ways it is an endless, quite private quest for perceived perfection which people sometimes pay you for! Please know that no-one expects anything from you, Ford certainly doesn't. Your words on their own are helping so much, I can't tell you how important all your lovely messages are meaning to him - I have been reading out comments to him at the hospital and on the phone. Someone on Kickstarter said that if unkind words mean something then so do the loving ones and it's really true, just to hear how much he matters to you is hugely healing for him and is helping him to make the right choices about his health.

He is shocked and moved by how much you all care for him and his skills. I of course know from my own experience how he somehow shifts something inside people; he is such an astonishing artist and teacher. I think he is perhaps just starting to believe that.

The link for gofundme is here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/following-the-iron-brush…

I intend to look after him now so he can live a lot more years in this dimension with us all

Love to you.

• Like 5

Just saw this thread and was stunned.  Praying for you, Ford.  Please slow down and rest up!  Everything will be okay.  Fully understand your proclivity to work too hard.  If I could do what you can do; I'd overdo it, too!  Life is a marathon, you've got to pace yourself.

• Like 1

You didn't really think you'd be so easily rid of me, did you?  :laughing:

I've been home 48 hours now, still a bit tender and delicate but gently settling in to this thing they insist I endure, recovery. 4 weeks of enforced idleness before rehab even starts. :dunno:

But I must be honest and say that as a sobering warning this was effective. It was a pretty nasty shock to the system and one I won't be treating lightly. I still have far too much to do.

Thank you all for your very kind words of encouragement and support. And your contributions to the 'survival fund' that was set up by my students to ensure I'd be around for some time to come.

I'll be taking things very gingerly for while yet, keeping my blood pressure and heart rate low and adjusting to a bucket of pills a day, but I'll no doubt be unable to resist the odd post here pretty soon.

kind regards to you all

Ford

• Like 28

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..