Ford Hallam has had a heart attack and is hospitalized

Jean

I just receive this e-mail:

« Hello everybody, this is Bella, for those of you who don't know I am Ford's partner and I also help him with his films.

I am posting for Ford because I need to let you all know that he was taken to hospital on Friday after having a heart attack. It had actually started the Sunday before with Ford being in some very severe pain, but he would not go to the doctor and carried on working for another week before he finally admitted defeat. He is ok and stable now, and absolutely in the best place so please don't panic.

Tomorrow he will have an angiogram, where we will find out what needs to happen next. He may just need stents, he may need more invasive treatment but at least something will be done to help him now. For over a year he has been struggling so much with his breathing and pain in his body, we thought it was just his auto-immune disease getting worse and we were worried. It turns out that he has been having heart problems and the constant stress and worry of everything has clearly made it worse.

He would not stop working, he was very worried about money and having to meet bills, and on top of that he was desperate to finish up the book project and finally get it published so as not to let anyone down, but he was having to find time to do that around the paid work. He was literally working himself to death and I for one am glad in a way that now he has to stop. It makes me angry that he is even in a position where he is scrabbling for money to pay bills when he has a talent so huge and brilliant. I wish we lived in another time where his kind of talent was celebrated more. People play the financial markets making money out of nothing and yet people who do make beautiful things in the world like poetry and art, or wonderful music end up killing themselves out of desperation.

Anyway.

The doctors have said that he will need to take at least six weeks off work and we will somehow have to find a way to manage. Being self employed is no fun sometimes but we have my Goldsmithing work and hopefully that will be enough.

Whilst we are hugely appreciative of the vast amounts of kindness and support and understanding almost all of you have endlessly given here, I need to say something that Ford will be cross with me about. It is that a very few people here who backed this project have put untold amounts of stress on him, these last few months, even posting bad reviews about him on facebook and calling up the publishers to check he wasn't lying. Probably those people won't believe me, and might even want to check up on him now, so Peter Bond, Ford is in the acute Cardiac Ward of Torquay Hospital, and is in room 8 if you want to check.

I hope now these next few weeks allow Ford to reflect on what he really wants - he wants to make his own art pieces that aren't commissions and then maybe have a show. I want desperately to help him do this. I don't know how we will do it because of the constant need to chase the rent, but we must do it.

The other good thing about all this is that he will now have plenty of time to sort out all the last bits of the book that need doing. The Universe works in mysterious ways!

I am sure many of you will want to write to him, you probably all have his email. I will also give you mine - its bella@isabelladay.co.uk I am happy to chat with anyone who wants to.

Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted when I know more tomorrow.

Bella«

Hello, I don't post on here often enough, but I feel my life has been truly enriched by Ford and the work he does, and how always willing he is to share all of his knowledge.
I want to know if there is a paypal address or other method that would be preferred if we want to donate to Ford and his family to show our support through more than just words.

Thanks,
Sal'

• Like 4

Ford and Bella:

Very sorry to hear about Ford's health issues.I do not know Ford personally, but I have always appreciated his artistic skill and talent, as well as his postings to the NMB. I have never set up a gofundme donation account, but maybe someone experienced with them can start one for Ford, and that might be a good way for fellow NMB members and friends to contribute to Ford to help defray some expenses during his downtime. Has anyone on the NMB set one of these up before? Here is a link to their site:https://www.gofundme.com/c/questions  

Regards,

Bill E. Sheehan (Yoshimichi)

• Like 1

Thinking of you, Ford.  Really sorry to hear this, needless to say, and wishing you the best.  Very glad you're getting the attention necessary:  that's not something to take lightly and brush off.  And really sorry to hear of the negativity you've had to endure.  Here's hoping that these weeks of rest will bring some clarity in any areas it may be sought. 

Cheers, mate.

Steve

As a newer member, I know Ford’s name but never really had the chance to interact with him, but I wish him a speedy recovery and a well deserved rest. The social networks like Facebook and Instagram are a den of awful and malevolent people. Sorry to hear what he had to endure from those pack of wolves.

Best wishes and stay strong, Ford!

JP

• Like 1

UPDATE:

<<Hello everyone - Bella again. Just to say Ford is out of surgery now and it’s good news  He has had seven stents put in and he said it was horribly painful, the doctors has to struggle with one artery getting through and the stent in. I am delighted though, it’s the best outcome for him.  I am passing on all your messages and love. 

And now he must rest! I will have to wrangle him I am sure! Thanks again for all your lovely messages of support and hope. They mean so much to him, and to me. >>

• Like 5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..