NCO late war sword questions

Navy

Hi to you all;

I have a couple of questions about the late war NCO swords. I mean those with wooden tsuka: could you tell me when was this pattern first issued? I see the books stated 1945, but is it an accurate figure (which month)? 
I’ve readed somewhere that at some point specific NCO’s blade s/n were assigned to Tokyo, Nagoya and Jinsei arsenals (respectively 135.000, 200,000 and 300,000), so, is it possible to give a reasonable production timeline for a sword with 204.000 serial #? 

Thanks in advance,

M.

Marzio,

Looks like Steve and Ernie are going to make me start saying stuff that I have no real knowledge of, so they can come in later and fix it!!! Ha!

I have read that the army portioned out blocks of numbers to each of the arsnals, and have often stated that myself. After looking at the charts in Fuller's book, the blocks must have been smaller than I imagined. The numbers seem to be scattered between Kokura and Nagoya in almost random sets. His chart doesn't show the 200's and 300's, but I think they were more definably Nagoya and Incheon, though I have a vague memory of some really early 200's with Tokyo inspection marks.

Out on a limb again - I have always believed the wooden handled 95s started sometime in '44. So if you have a 204,XXX number, it was probably made in 1944.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..