What Else Do You Collect?

IJASWORDS

I have the regular NK Type 68 AK bayonets and one of the earlier AK47 style ones. Not too uncommon here. Cubans in the border war, Grenada etc.
The ones everyone wants are the trasitionals between those 2, and the supposed current AK bayo of which I have only seen pics. But no-one has an example of yet. I'm guessing NK soldiers do not sell or steal their equipment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Yes...those are high on my list.

Hello,

The first photo is a French 1st Empire Cuirassier Ensemble and the second photo is a Scottish basket hilted sword with a very long Elizabeth 1st blade. The house is full of stuff !.I have tried collecting lots of things but keep coming back to and cannot seem to let go of...shin-gunto ... an "itch I cannot scratch !!! ",

Regards,

Paul,,,

post-1225-0-63545000-1570890078_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-30846300-1570890119_thumb.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Well I also do photography so I have a couple dozen Leica’s, ditto for Hasselblad 503 and rolleiflex 2.8F, and my fair share of Linhof together with a couple hundred lenses for the different formats listed above. But I do not see myself as a collector, more a user as I still try to use my cameras as much as I can. Other than that I have a healthy collection of antique or not tea set and tea pots, with mostly black tea

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I started collecting Prussian/German Iron crosses at the age of 13 .... collected Soviet Militiaria for a while, then to Japanese and ...still some German, but mostly swords/ awards.    I guess I am all over the map, but I stick with militaria  :laughing: -  Dan 

post-4102-0-87155600-1572099880_thumb.jpg

post-4102-0-48404700-1572099895_thumb.jpg

post-4102-0-47350700-1572100003_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I've collected, customized, forged, crafted knives since I was 7 years old. Mostly vintage Finnish puukko (my first fixed blade) and a few recent ones. Have about 400 along with a few other Nordic knives (Norwegian, Swedish). Way too many to post here - I doubt the server has enough storage :-)  Also about two dozen barlows (that's what my grandfather gave me as my first knife) and some other modern folders mostly SAKs (Swiss army knives) - always have  Tinker in my pocket. I like all sorts of sharp, pointy things- what ever strikes my fancy. Of course a few Nihonto and kodogu.

Rich

• Like 4

Ken -

Only 5 modern damascus, a Randall model 1 clone and 4 folders (no puukko). Only a few modern puukko makers do damascus. Most of my puukko are old carbon steel or good stainless. Way back when I was forging blades, (a couple centuries back) I did one damascus, it had forging flaws that the Japanese never heard of :)

Rich

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

If it helps the discussion along I collect debts ...  Perennially...  Still, you should see my (small, somewhat insignificant in the big picture) collection...  I also collect because my wife lets me...

BaZZa. 

• Haha 1

I'm new to collecting. Began collecting WW2-era vintage pistols last year, and began Gunto collecting this year. I still add to my pistol collection, but the Gunto collecting has consumed me this year. Parts of my collections are pictured in the photos below. Always had an interest in WW2 since I was a kid (Grandpa served in the war - U.S. Army, ETO), but, as stated, just recently got into collecting. I'm learning these are expensive hobbies. Lol

Type 98 Kanetaka displayed_7.15.21.jpg

Vintage Pistols.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, there are a few rare gems but they are far and few in between. As for which years are better, I can only say that the 1990 set is pretty poor in that regard. Ken Griffy Jr. is about the only one worth anything and that's only with PSA grading, which is difficult to have done right now. They are waitlisted for months I've heard.

• Like 1

Took us from January to last month to get our grading back. Everybody stayed home collecting cards from covid ....and the price jump flooded PSA.... Its actually put a dent in the market because people have so much invested setting there and they can't spend the money cuz It can't sell

• Like 1