What Else Do You Collect?

IJASWORDS

My fascination with Japanese military stuff doesn't not stop at edged weapons. I have uniforms, flags, banners, documents, sake cups, hats, caps, belts etc. 

Japanese WW2 medals are especially beautiful and interesting. Including those sent to families of troops killed in action. 

Here are a few to enjoy. 

post-3858-0-39025000-1570412746_thumb.jpg

post-3858-0-97246600-1570412757_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

I really like the thick one with the blue gems embedded in it, ha!

That sword looks to have kizu with the blue diamonds used to hide the flaws! Haha! I like it, fun to ward off the kiddos!

I used to collect pens, guitars, Japanese classics and German handguns and quite a few others (my top three surplus were a 1937 Walther PP in 9mm Kurz, a 1941 T94 Nambu with two matching mags, and a P27 Mosin). I also worked and owned, not at once, an '85 Celica GTS, a '79 RX7 LE, and traded my Miata for an '85 RX7 GSL-SE, which I miss dearly.

I used to collect a lot of militaria, to buy and sell, with the pieces given to me by vets as my keeps (which I still have) and the others as needed. My best finds were an SS dagger, an SS Smock, and an FJ smock. All sold :(

Alas, in my collection, is an Esterbrook LJ, a Colt M1911 modified for National Matches, an 83 Squier Buller, and my 73 Honda Civic as my project when I return from Japan. Very very rusty, with quite a bit of solid steel, but much welding needed. :(

post-1009-0-70003900-1570425497_thumb.png

post-1009-0-16188100-1570425564_thumb.png

post-1009-0-25313200-1570428736_thumb.png

• Like 10

Picked up a couple a few Japanese medals for display, they're pretty cheap due to the astounding number of "Orders" for some of the medals. Indeed the lower order of popular medals can be bought almost by weight! Other than that a few flags, odds and ends like Sake cup, Generals parade sash and other things you unearth on ebay, militaria sites or locally. Japanese military swords are the only thing that have really grown into a "collection" proper though.

• Like 1

That sword looks to have kizu with the blue diamonds used to hide the flaws! Haha! I like it, fun to ward off the kiddos!

I used to collect pens, guitars, Japanese classics and German handguns and quite a few others (my top three surplus were a 1937 Walther PP in 9mm Kurz, a 1941 T94 Nambu with two matching mags, and a P27 Mosin). I also worked and owned, not at once, an '85 Celica GTS, a '79 RX7 LE, and traded my Miata for an '85 RX7 GSL-SE, which I miss dearly.

I used to collect a lot of militaria, to buy and sell, with the pieces given to me by vets as my keeps (which I still have) and the others as needed. My best finds were an SS dagger, an SS Smock, and an FJ smock. All sold :(

Alas, in my collection, is an Esterbrook LJ, a Colt M1911 modified for National Matches, an 83 Squier Buller, and my 73 Honda Civic as my project when I return from Japan. Very very rusty, with quite a bit of solid steel, but much welding needed. :(

Fender Squier Bullet MIJ?

I have a small collection of other Japanese ww2 militaria https://gyazo.com/1390d8ba2165877bb036e90b559c9cd8

I also have different artifacts that were found out of context from a few sites I have worked on from mid - late 1800 soda bottles to few arrow heads. I wish I could post a picture of my cabinet of artifacts, but unfortunately I didn't transfer any onto my laptop and I am now away for school. 

• Like 1

These are a few of the military items I have collected through the years. I've also decided I can't hold on to things forever. To my wife's absolute joy, I've decided to move a few pieces along to other's whom may enjoy them. Of course, there are many items, family WWII bring backs, swords etc, I have designated to friends and family...

If there is anything you see, and are interested in, PM me. This isn't intended as a sales pitch, I simply would like offer board members a good deal should you like...

Dave M.

post-2175-0-76735000-1570501756_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-08341000-1570501770_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-43039600-1570501796_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-60570100-1570501813_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-36790000-1570501830_thumb.jpg

post-2175-0-71935700-1570501839_thumb.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow 1

Hi Bruce,

I knew he guy 40 yrs ago who tried to kill butterflies in a flower garden with his wakizashi, he gave up from exhaustion after half an hour. He succeeded

in cutting down many beautiful flowers on a sunny day in July.

Tom D.

Ha! He nothing but a young grasshoppah! (Or WAS) His initials weren’t TD we’re they!?!?

I did manage to shoot the head off a butterfly with my BB gun once. I was quite shocked as I was aiming mid-thorax..

Too many collections. Very little of lots of themes.
AK bayonets as mentioned before...over 100 variations
Fighting knives - M3 with M6 scabbard, Fairbairn Sykes etc
Various firearms
Various bayonets
South African early custom knives from famous makers like Chris Reeve, Angus Arbuckle, Piet Grey etc etc
Basically if it goes bang, or is stabby...I have an interest.

• Like 13

Fender Squier Bullet MIJ?

Trystan,

Yessir! Nice little player for what I got it for. Definitely not like the JV Strats, but the pickups are actually not bad.

Brian, do you ever come across any NK bayos? Very hard to find out of the DPRK, but I know some who have a few. Must have been taken out of Grenada during the invasion or such when they were sent as aid.