Bids blocked

Just out of interest,has there been some changes within Ebay , a couple of items that i have put bids on  ,have come back with this notice “Dear Buyer To prevent the circumvention of the eBay.co.uk and eBay.ie Weapon and Knives policy, it is not possible for you to bid on, or buy this item.  Thank you for your understanding. eBay Trust & Safety {e66652-651407x} , Action: 651407 [ 12310 ].

I have just lost out on a tanto and Wakizashi because bid blocked, not by sellers as had items of them before in past with no problems, so was wondering if this is a new U.K thing.

I have asked for clarification as to the notice but in mean time was wondering if any one else as problems.

many thanks

Cliff

I know here in U.K we are due to yet another update to our laws regarding knives and blades which i think comes into affect end of October, but as far as i know that is regarding posting restriction or ban and importing certain blades ,and also knives like spring assisted knives are to be banned.But i'm thinking now that this is a U.K. Ebay bidding problem, because i went onto U.S. Ebay and put bid on a tanto there ,without bid getting blocked.I checked customs here and they have no problem with "antique swords or knives" at the moment until new restrictions come in affect.

I know here in U.K we are due to yet another update to our laws regarding knives and blades which i think comes into affect end of October, but as far as i know that is regarding posting restriction or ban and importing certain blades ,and also knives like spring assisted knives are to be banned.But i'm thinking now that this is a U.K. Ebay bidding problem, because i went onto U.S. Ebay and put bid on a tanto there ,without bid getting blocked.I checked customs here and they have no problem with "antique swords or knives" at the moment until new restrictions come in affect.

We haven't been able to bid on most sword auctions since eBay UK put the block on 10 years ago. There have been loopholes for swords listed in different categories but it looks like eBay have finally closed those now.

• Like 1

No. It's about the nanny-state clamping down on anything that makes them feel they did something about crime.
It's about control. And smoke and mirrors.
Btw, at the same time they banned posting anything edged unless you can guarantee age verification on delivery, and banned WW2 knuckle knives and other highly collectible paraphernalia. Lots of things are now illegal that weren't before.

• Like 2

+1  and getting worse, all the time! Hawaii is the first state to put firearm owners into a database. That database, which is called the "Rap Back" system, is operated by the FBI and would notify police when a gun owner is arrested for a crime anywhere in the United States. "This will allow county police departments in Hawaii to evaluate whether the firearm owner may continue to legally possess and own firearms," according to .the governor's office.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..