Missing Arnold

BIG

Definitely a sad loss, a great gentleman and member, I enjoyed our occasional email exchange like many of you. He will be missed.

Thank you for those who shared their experiences with him and condolences to all who knew him. He had a liking for his brothers North of the border. RIP Arnold 

Arnold had become a reliable friend and mentor and I am deeply saddened by this news.  He was always kind and civil, even when his opinions differed from those of others, and he was supremely generous with information, opinions, useful documents, photos and many other things if you engaged him on a personal level.  The Chicago show will not be the same without him.  Good night sweet prince...and flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.  

• Like 5

A great and sad loss to our community.  Arnold and I had corresponded from time to time over the last few decades and to quote Ray Singer's words "It was always a pleasure to correspond with him and he was ever generous with his time and knowledge."  A truly wonderful and knowledgeable person and collector who gave an added dimension to our interest.  My sincere condolences to his family.  RIP.

Barry Thomas

Melbourne, Australia.

• Like 3

It saddens me deeply that my friend Arnold has passed, he is missed greatly. As many have stated, Arnold was a true gentleman and incredibly generous in all aspects—including his time and knowledge which he shared frequently with me. He was my mentor and always a patient and effective teacher. Even with his busy life he always found the time to offer help, insight or even mail out reference material. Arnold was a good man and I’m better for knowing him. Not many people like that. I really miss him.

I think BIG’s poem shares our sentiment.

My most sincere condolences to Arnold’s family, thank you for sharing him with us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Arnold and I initially met sometime around 1970-72, when others here first discovered where to find information on swords and fittings. (Peter Bleed was one of those early names to be seen in the JSS/US publications.} The JSS/US will be having a complete newsletter  in remembrance of Arnold, reprinting a number of his written articles published over the years. God Bless, old friend. 

Ron STL

• Like 6

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..