Missing Arnold

BIG

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this:

Dear NBTHK/AB member,

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of our fellow
member, long time collector, and friend, Arnold Frenzel.

Further information will be transmitted to the membership of the NBTHK
American Branch as soon as it is received.

Most Sincerely,

Richard Mantegani

Treasurer, NBTHK/AB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Arnold was a great guy who I will miss greatly.  My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

I'm deeply saddened to hear this. Arnold and I spoke often, and it is not long ago that he generously mailed a number of needed, reference scans to my home. It was always a pleasure to correspond with him and he was ever generous with his time and knowledge. I send my sincerest condolences to his family.

Kind regards,
Ray

• Like 5

Very sad news. While we didnt always agree I always enjoyed Arnold's contributions and valued his insight. He will be greatly missed

Condolences to his family and rest in peace.

I concur. I too had some very firm disagreements with him and his opinions, but I appreciated his contributions.

Having recently seen him in Tampa, I am surprised by his passing and give heartfelt condolences to his family.

This is indeed very sad news. Arnold was a deep thinker and also very knowledgeable. He knew the facts of sword history and he also had wonderful insights into how the world works. He taught us to think realistically about things as "investments." I will miss him deeply and sword collecting is diminished by his passing.

Peter

It is tough to write about how sad I feel having lost my friend and mentor Arnold Frenzel. Arnold and Chris Leung got me to do my first sword related presentation. He was someone whose honest opinion I could always count on. He pointed out things that I missed and would happily discuss pros and cons of a purchase.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. His reputation lives on in the hearts and minds of many.

• Like 3

That is sad news on both a personal and community level, as he was a true gentleman and scholar.  I met Arnold 20-25 years ago and he was always a pleasure to speak with, always willing to answer questions and share his opinion. 

He will be missed. 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..