Izumi No Kami Kunisada

jblev2

Getting a refund would be the best way forward, with that money back in your pocket you'll be able to look at what some of the members here have to offer. Just in the sales section you will find some great swords for very good prices. If I may ask, what are you after Japanese sword wise? If you just wanted a real Japanese sword then you do have one here, just not by the signed smith. If you paid the sort of prices associated with guaranteed or papered swords then a refund is definitely advised. The more time you spend on here you will learn quite a bit very quickly and be better prepared to avoid the sharks swimming in the shallows! Don't worry or feel silly, many of us have been in your shoes, new collectors and old.

As an aside please sign with your real first name per forum rules.

A number of Kyodai Original's swords are shown with small pieces of paper called torokusho. I want to point out that these are not authentication papers, they do not provide verification of the signature, confirm provenance, indicate quality, etc. They are only licenses for the swords to reside legally in Japan.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Dont follow Jeremiah way of thinking but beside that I doubt you'll get a refund.

It's not a bad looking blade did he guarantee shoshin? Ask first then buy.

Ok, let me re-word.

Here on NMB and looking at auctions, listings etc all the time, I see hundreds of gimei swords out there. Some are good blades, most are not. But of say 300 fakes in a year, 200 seem to be Sukesada or Kanesada for some reason. So I just skip them. 

• 1 year later...

Hello,  I recently aquired this wakizashi, signed Izumi no Kami KuniSada, possibly 1st generation.  The sword is definitely genuine, the mei looks good....but any thoughts as to whether it matches the sword.  I believe the mei was originally 7 charachters, but two maybe lost when it was shortened.  

Harvey

IMG_5013.JPG

IMG_5010.JPG

IMG_5015.JPG

Hello,  read an interesting article on the study of a KuniSada mei.  The mei in question (figure #3 Left) looks very similar to the stroke pattern of mine......thoughts?

Here is an excerpt from the article:

One of the authors (DM) sent an oshigata and photographs of the mei to Mr. Tanobe Michihiro of the NBTHK . In his kind response, Tanobe explained that the mei is authentic and a jishin-mei of the shodai Kunisada. Jishin-mei is a term used to refer to a signature cut by the craftsman's own hand, rather than a mei cut for the master by his student or, daimei. The sword eventually received an NBTHK Tokubetsu Hozon paper.

Harvey

KS_fig002.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..