Someone in the U.S who can give appraisal on blade?

Does anyone know of someone I can send a blade to in the U.S to get a rough appraisal on? The blade is in need of a polish(its frosted looking)but the Hamon is visible enough to be seen. I have been getting asked if I want to sell, which has never happened before on here so I am assuming it may have some value and is worthy of a polish and being sent off to shinsa.

I don't foresee myself getting a polish done etc, so I'd like to pass it on to someone who will appreciate it more.

Thank you.

Your best bet to get it looked at is a show. You can probably ask several reputable dealers for their impression on it there.

What blade are you talking about also? Have we seen it here?

I have only shown a couple photos to get age and was told Nanbokucho. http://www.militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/29579-thoughts-on-possible-age-of-this-blade/

The closest sword show appears to be in Chicago and that's 400miles from me. So, that's out of the question.

I don't see that Stephen is complaining about anything. The concern appears to be that Bob might feel inundated with too many NMB referrals. I have always found Bob to be patient and generous with his time though, and would not worry. I expect he will give insightful feedback, but as said above one must be prepared to receive the bad with the good.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..