Help Identity Our Mons.

IJASWORDS

No idea. I found an interesting shape that corresponds with that (bridge for a shamisen), but I don't think its the same. 

https://irohakamon.c...marunishamigoma.html

Hard to tell if its a kamon, or if its a base for some other emblem. Or maybe some emblem affiliated with war production (like some steel producing factory or a ship-building company, etc.). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping someone could help with this one (sorry, not on a sword but a yatate).

A seven spoke arrow wheel in the family group "Ya". I've included a pic of the page from my mon book, however it doesn't give a family name.

Thank you,

John C.

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 2.02.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 2.01.15 PM.png

• Like 1

丸に二つ引き紋(まるにふたつひき):家紋のいろは (irohakamon.com)

As this page shows, yes, prinicipally Ashikaga, but at least 50 other families used this mon, including the 'evil' Kira of 47 Ronin fame.. 

寺紋足利市鑁阿寺、京都市竜安寺、京都市慈照寺

戦国武将細川藤孝、細川忠興、斯波義統、最上義光

幕末維新近藤勇、吉田稔麿

有名人吉良上野介

使用苗字古都、山名、由良、村田、堀越、畠山、細川、仁木、宮原、最上、福井、山中、山田、増島、中島、三枝、篠山、戸川、佐藤、遠山、杉浦、柘植、小林、富田、富松、関口、芝、壺井、高山、品川、里見、喜連川、一色、今川、吉良、牛奥、石原、内崎、上野、小田切、岩佐、岩城、大原、荻野、猪狩、奥田、成田、馬場、石塚、古川、斯波、吉田、田中、山本

大名旗本肥後熊本藩細川氏の替紋、高家喜連川氏の替紋、旗本山名氏、旗本由良氏、旗本仁木氏、旗本宮原氏、旗本最上氏、旗本篠山氏、旗本遠山氏、旗本柘植氏、旗本富松氏、旗本壺井氏、旗本品川氏、旗本一色氏、旗本今川氏、旗本吉良氏、旗本牛奥氏、旗本上野氏、旗本奥田氏

• Like 1

Haha yes, every little detail differed by family, but always need to make sure which way round it is too, white on a black background, or vice versa, i.e. there were positive and negative versions.

陰家紋 

Yours is two positive lines on a sukashi background.

• Thanks 1

Hi John, apologies, saw yours but decided I was not going to go there! (Rabbit, hole, etc.)

These 11 familes are given for *'Nanatsu Yaguruma', three with Ya in their names: 太田、服部、高畠、日和佐、真島、田村、福井、能勢、大矢、矢作、矢部など

Here: 七つ矢車紋(ななつやぐるま):家紋のいろは (irohakamon.com)

*Also called 七本矢車 Nanahon Yaguruma

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bugyotsuji said:

These 11 familes are given for *'Nanatsu Yaguruma',

Thank you! I really appreciate your time and effort. I was hoping for a sense of who may have used this and you provided just what I was looking for.

Thank you again,

John C.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...