Help Identity Our Mons.

IJASWORDS

18 hours ago, Bugyotsuji said:

Google 家紋鳩丸

鳩の丸

Andy, try Hato maru or Hato no maru.

Thank you, Piers. The pigeon is much closer to the head shape but the mon on my type 19 seems to have some characteristics of both. Very interesting. I appreciate the lead!  

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, PNSSHOGUN said:

This Mon would've been identified before, however it is neat to see one separated and how long the pin is securing it inside the Kabutogane: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v1059297224

1762467643_Screenshot2022-08-01at19-30-17_BuyeeBuyeeJapaneseProxyServiceBuyfromJapan!.thumb.png.cc6449ece71ff5babac0c4a0e4fb6273.png

Is it  木瓜 for 藤原 or 田中?

https://irohakamon.com/kamon/mokkou/mokkou.html

WechatIMG125.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 3:20 AM, Bruce Pennington said:

Tony, any idea what the item on the other end of the sakura is?  Almost looks like a kabuto or a bell?

Apologies for the late reply Bruce! 

yes it's a small adornment that looks to be shaped like a kabuto. That was how it was sold .  I've been away for about a month and when I'm back I'll take some photos of it with my camera. 
I've never seen anything like it before which usually gives me a pause (in a negative way) the whole sword actually was interesting. the blade is in poor polish and from 1428 but the signature is quite hard to read as it's partially lost (O-Suriage) the date is readable though. the Saya had been wrapped in leather cord too which is quite brittle so i haven't handled it too much.
I've included a photo. I wont be home to look at it for a couple of weeks so i'll just use this one for now

130279817_1_x.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Special Thank to Bruce Pennington for sending me this way. There have been some nice Mon posted here! Can someone please help me to understand which family / Clan this Mon represents. I have exhausted on my limited search skills. Thank You,

Paul G-

P1080227JPG.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 12:52 AM, Paul G said:

Can someone please help me to understand which family / Clan this Mon represents.

https://irohakamon.com/kamon/kari/shiriawasemitsumusubikarigane.html

Shiriawase mitsumusubi karigane

Three knotted geese joined at back. Associated with many families throughout Japan; Shindo, Inoue, Kogushi, Abe, Kushioki, Takanomiya, Occhi, Masuyama, Takanashi, Urano, Shibata, etc.

Edit: I put the wrong link in the post. Its fixed now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...