Any opinion on the eBay seller Japanese-swords-hq ?

While looking at Japanese swords on eBay, I stumbled upon a seller named "Japanese-swords-hq". I searched his name here but to no avail.

His announcements contain the following snippet:

I am a Japanese sword dealer, who is Japanese and is based in Tokyo, Japan, where is the best market to collect Japanese swords in the world.  I am a member of NBTHK and Japan National Sword Dealers Association and am looking at 300-500 or even more Japanese swords every month to find wonderful Japanese swords to be listed here in my eBay store.  I am proud of these listed Japanese swords, which passed my strict selection, and am pretty sure they attract many of you. Enjoy my swords, and I hope they are added to your collection soon.

Just curious if anyone had experience with this seller.

Thank you !

He used to go by the name "daimyo-antique" or something like that and has been around for a long time on ebay. You can recognize the photos easily, he sometimes has some very nice Gunto.

I see, I remember this name.

He has a store on eBay called High5Japan.

Thanks, the way the swords were shot indeed rang a bell, thanks for the info.

I'll keep an eye on his items.

Cheers

• Like 1

No need to read past the words “eBay seller” in order for me to share my opinion, which is I suppose self evident and admittedly mildly self important. ;-)

This forum and the small group of honest dealers who serve North America offer a fantastic selection of swords and fittings at all price points on a regular basis.

Sooo i know what talking about Michael...but im ebay seller as a few others here.

Totally fair, of course, but you’re also here. In fact I bought an inexpensive tsuba from you via eBay as a gift for someone... but it was your presence and conduct here that led me to happily do so without hesitation.

• Like 1

i believe he also sells on ebay as high5japan; i asked him a question about a naval katana that was on his auction list around 4 years ago;

the blade didn't have a single rust spot for being a naval officers blade, so i asked if this sword was stainless steel, as mass produced naval

swords were in that time period. he never replied... i guess he's impatient with buyers asking tricky questions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..