Nco sword with original knot for sale U.K

paul griff

Nice example of a NCO sword with matching numbers complete with original knot .This is a genuine sword that would be a good example to start out your collection..Numbers are matching ,knot is original and not too brittle..Has an unusual locking strap attached which matches the strap...£725.U.K

post-1225-0-09752100-1564020757_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-86812500-1564020767_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-48876600-1564020780_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-24408700-1564020798_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-50076900-1564020822_thumb.jpg

post-1225-0-44474600-1564020835_thumb.jpg

Hello JP,

Thank you for the reply...I will check the weight and postage rates when I get home from work...If anyone in the U.K is reading this and has recently posted a sword to France any advice would be appreciated..

Regards,

Paul..

I think there should be no issue posting a sword from UK to France since both countries are (still) part of "the 27".

From what I read recently, as long as the sword is described as an antique item, there's nothing special to do import-wise. Things seem to be different for non-antique items.

I recently sent a wakizashi to UK and didn't have to file any paperwork.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I wasn't sure who to ask about something I know very little about and can't find out much on the internet of the Gregory book
I was asked to look at some Japanese swords from a deceased collector from his wife. He passed away 10 years ago.
I thought I may be able to sell them on her behalf.
Descriptions:
1875/14 - Japanese Army officers sabre. Two swords. Not hand made but in good condition. Both around £200
1883/05 Pat. Japanese Naval sword. One sword. Not hand made, in good condition although the say has broken but this has not damaged the outer covering. Around £375

I like the Navy sword so I may keep it for myself

I think these may have gone up in price over the last few years

I have some poor camera phone images I could send you

With thanks

Grev

Hello Grev,

To be honest I don’t know a great deal about the pre-1930’s military mounted Japanese swords but do have a friend who I can ask..If you send the photo’s I will show him ( if you need my email send me a personal message with yours and I can reply and add photo’s if need be...I’m not the best with computers..! )...The swords priced at about £200 should be no problem, the 1883 may indeed be a more interesting piece and again seems a fair price...If there is no luck with the photo’s I will hopefully going to the next Birmingham arms fair ...

Regards,

Paul...

Archived