Joseishi Hisayuki

sabiji

I'm looking for a reference signature that Kawai Hisayuki probably used in the period 1820-1830. It's about the phrase "Joseishi", meaning "Joseishi Hisayuki".
If someone could help me with this, I would be very grateful.

Thank you, BIG
I also found the page. It is also the most recent dating from 1845 with the phrase "Joseishi". I found another Jumonji Yari, auctioned in 2009, dated 1824, and a Waki of Midori City, Gunma Prefecture, dated 1819. His earliest known work is dated 1818, when he was 33 years old. His two teachers, Ikkansai Yoshihiro and Shimizu Hidayoshi, were in their early 20s. I suspect he already had a teacher at the Hosokawa school before the two of them.
In any case, the Joseishi signature does not appear from the middle of the 1840s. From here you can find "Fujiwara", "Bakufushi" and "Bakufushin". Here he was already over 60 years old. In his "pensioner phase", however, find most of his work. At least that's my impression.
His main occupation was Samurai. As he got older, he probably had more time for his hobby swordsmithing ... ;-)
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..