New guy new sword

scottyfz6

Okay I just bought a waki off of Ebay from Japan. I probably got ripped off, the seller claims it's edo period. From my reading here it maybe a WW2 blade. Based on the sig on the blade. 

Its going to be a wall hanger no matter what, but I do hope its not a WW2 blade as I want one with a little more age than that. Also I might be able to cancel the purchase as, as we know it takes time to get it approved for export from Japan. 

please see the ebay auction for pics.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ANTIQUE-NIHONTO-Japanese-KATANA-SWORD-WAKIZASHI-KANENOBU-signed-SHIRASAYA-NR-/254287397301?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=%252FlfydQZ%252Fg311M3w6pgngAdlUWP4%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Thanks 

Scott

Cool thanks for the info. Makes me feel better. I was able to match, I think two of the symbols. But the middle one was similar to the symbol shown on a thread in the militaria section on here for a ww2 Smith. The symbol was different and I could not find it on another site.

Thanks

Scott

Dear Scott.

Just to clear up a misunderstanding perhaps; there are only two kanji on the nakago, Kane and Nobu.  Asthere are rather a lot of smiths signing with the first you will soon get used to seeing it.

All the best.

I agree, it's a great starter sword.  In a decent polish, with habaki and shirasaya.   Flaws in the blade but plenty to study.  Buy a couple of introductory books and start reading about this amazing amalgamation of art and purpose.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..