New Book - Japanese Swords from American Collections Volume I by Danny Massey

This just in via email, thought I would post it here.
Danny...the forum is here for you to use anytime you like. Sounds like a nice project.

PRE-RELEASE ORDERING

Japanese Swords from American Collections is the first volume of an ongoing series.  This pioneering endeavor aims to catalog some of the many swords here in the United States and share them with the world.  The book represents a 5 year effort and extensive coordination with private collections to present the 43 blades featured in this volume.

Works span from the Kamakura period up to the 1940's.  This unique book is richly illustrated with over 80 high resolution images, many of winch are full-page composites of multiple photographs.  The photography in this book presents the opportunity to study jigane and hataraki in combination with detailed text explanations, creating an excellent learning resource.

Those who are new to the study of Japanese Swords will find this to be an exciting introduction to the variety, wonder and beauty of Nihonto.  Seasoned students of sword study will look to this series as highly useful research reference.  Lastly, this series hopes to convey the typical nature and level of private collections among life-long enthusiasts here in the United States.      

8.5 x 11 inches  - Soft Cover 120 pages - 85 illustrations - Over 16,000 words 

Available now for $59  (plus $8.99 for US shipping). This is a pre-release price.  

CLICK HERE FOR FULL DETAILS AND ORDERING INFO

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize for the slow response to the SF question and E Book question.   

There will not be any copies at the SF show.   I am not able to attend that show.  I wish I could :-) 

The eBook is going to take some time.  (I have to make an ePub for that)     Thank you! 

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..