Important! Please read

Dear Friends, Lads and Ladies.

We all like this Forum. The first 80 top poster in that forum spent a lot of time in this community. We all get tons of informations, good discussions and sometimes some little struggle (like in a big family) and a lot of amusement for free. We can buy and sell good stuff for our collections. I must really say as a paying member of the NBTHK, this community is much better and more worthy for my hobby. I feel that is the same for you.

So my request on you is to spent a small amount (what you want) to this board. Brian improves the board over the time and it is the biggest meeting point in the internet for collectors all over the world.

And this all is for free. 

https://www.paypal.me/japaneseswords

:thumbsup: 

Thanks for reading.

(Dear Brian, i hope my intent is ok for you.)

• Like 10

My payment is already scheduled. I read Brian’s post yesterday and will make a donation. Just waiting for payday that should come in a few days!

Great initiative, Chris! :)

• Like 1

Thank you folks, and thank you Chris for the gesture and kind words. It's not my intention to beg or seem desperate all the time, I just like to have a comfortable reservoir for tough times, and sometimes the stress leaks out a bit.
Thanks again all.

Brian

• Like 1

Hey, Brian, what you’re doing for us deserves that at least. I’m not the richest guy, even less since I frequent this board :), but we need to do our share too!

• Like 2

I'm in discussion on PM and someone makes a good statement. The most active users donate the board over the time, so i dont want to bring the focus on them. That was not my intention. If i say something wrong so please forgive my maybe stupid try with that thread. I will only help to make the board running further. Thanks to all.

• Like 4

I'll do the goal thing towards the end of the year, when a hosting upgrade will be a foregone conclusion and we can settle better "digs" and add some nice features. Then I'll have a concrete figure on what we need monthly/yearly.
I agree with Chris, there are plenty of regular or dependable contributors. Some who donate yearly, some every time they sell something. I would LOVE to name them, but some don't want that, and I would no doubt forget someone and embarrass myself to death. But they need to know that none of this applies to them, and it is directed at some of the members who maybe don't know how we operate or don't know that it is possible to donate. Some come here, sell a $2000 sword, and we never hear from them again. Donating will never be mandatory or forced. There is not even a stigma attached to not contributing. Some cannot due to circumstances. We love our members and they should not feel obligated to donate. But because we do run free, I hope people forgive the occasional reminder that it is possible and appreciated. It is not to shame anyone...and the fact that another 3 responded is a good sign and more thanks from me.
Don't feel pressured folks. Appeals like this are part of running a forum.

• Like 8

Thanks for starting this thread Chris, I have been meaning to do the same myself, and you saved me the effort.   I just donated $100 so Brian can continue to make this forum available to all of us as well as newcomers and non collectors interested in this field.  

Thanks to Brian as well for keeping NMB alive and constantly improving!

• Like 3

I've said it before, but it bears repeating. I try and send personal thanks to those that contribute. But Paypal doesn't send email addys anymore and I sometimes have to go searching for the contact details. If I didn't sent one, please know that you have my sincere thanks and appreciation.

• Like 3

Good to see folk helping out :)

Especially after witnessing the death of another forum. Due to various reasons, but mainly finances.

All the online community and all the info gone for good, was quite sad.

This is an excellent forum for learning and selling, dunno what we would do without it.

Best to not take it for granted.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..