Better Blade Pictures Project

As a little holiday project i will try to improve my blade pictures. I want to build a cheap camera studio setting which should not cost more than 50 EUR and need less space.  :laughing: (After picture shooting to store it in the closet).

post-3496-0-48826300-1560790255_thumb.jpg

I build a stable blade stand with 15° and small leather stripes on a flat condition. Its colored opaque black.

post-3496-0-43844900-1560790290_thumb.jpgpost-3496-0-85124600-1560790312_thumb.jpg

The stand test was successfully, the sword didn't slip away  :laughing:

post-3496-0-24034700-1560790423_thumb.jpg

The next part is to find some cheap tripod lights...

Thanks for reading  :beer:  :beer:

• Like 10

Puhh thats a task lol

I found some good lights (i think they are good) for a cheap price. Both for 34 EUR with Osram LED and Stand.

This is how the setting look like.

post-3496-0-72583300-1561133684_thumb.jpg

After trying around with the lights and some shots i got this.

post-3496-0-38922900-1561133725_thumb.jpg

At this point i found out that my Nikon D50 from 2005 comes here to thier end. Its max Resolution is 3008 x 2000 pixels. Crazy my smartphone makes higher resolution as this early reflex camera.

If you sit in front of the setting your eye say WOW  :clap:  but my camera lens says  :dunno: But now i think i'm on the right way for the future and i need a third light for the filling of the blade.

Overall thats the result of my try and error today.

post-3496-0-79792700-1561134144_thumb.jpg

Thanks for reading  :beer:  :beer:

• Like 5

Hi Chris,

I don't think the resolution of your old camera is a real problem. The resolution is high enough to take nice pictures. Are you using a tripod and manual focus?

BTW, the results of your photos are promising!

Best regards, Ed

Thanks Steven, you are right. It's seems to be better not to manipulate it on photo shop. So i must be better in lightning and photography.

Making good blade pictures is really a journey and I'm so far away from reaching the target. I feel like Odysseus.  :laughing:

• Like 1

Chris,

Keep at it and you'll arrive at your destination.  We all applaud your willingness to take on this 'epic' journey to bring us better photographic skills.  Good lighting IS foremost but, please, stick to purchasing them on line.....don't be tempted to 'borrow' them from Zeus.  :)

Cheers,

-S-

Another day, try and error. 

Now i take some shots with 1/8s, f/8, ISO100, in Nikow raw file format that is called NEF with a 50mm lens. The problem is that the Nikon didn't get sharp in details for such a small objekt with autofocus and via manual adjustment you didnt see the sharpness in the search lens. On 3008 x 2000 pixels from 1,50m away there is only mud on the picture. 

This was the best i get today.

post-3496-0-66308700-1561221654_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..