Were these books a good deal?

Found at local used book shop across from my hotel while traveling:

Hagakure, Yamamoto Tsunetomo English translation, hardcover, $10

The Japanese Sword, Kanzan Sato, hardcover, $8

Samurai, Steven Turnbull, hardcover, $8

All books in “good” condition. At least I have some reading material on my next flight.

All cheap buy.

Yeah, I kinda knew. I already had the Turnbull book in pdf, and a “mint” hardcover Sato.

Next to the book store was an antique shop. They had a rusty Gunto with a chipped kissaki in mounts for $6500. ????. I think the books might actually be worth more.

• Like 2

“The Japanese Sword” by Kanzan Sato appears to be a first edition, 1983. Is that a factor in this books value? Should I worry about wear and tear using it? I have another copy at home, just quickly grabbed this one to read on my next flight (8 hours, ????).

Looks like you did very well on that book haul!

I got the Sano museum Masamune catalog this week for $80 including shipping wich I think was a good deal as I've seen it for anything between $120 to $260.

Considering the cost of having a real Masamune in your collection I think a hundred or so pages of high quality photos is a nice compromise.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..