Excellent Experience with Yakiba Sales

Hey all, I just wanted to say a quick word of what a pleasure its been to do business with Ed over at Yakiba.com. I was the person who bought the mumei wakizashi#1 listed a few weeks back. I have had time to look at it thoroughly and I must say I am very happy with my purchase. If you guys are looking for high quality blades packaged with a positive experience, you should talk to Ed. He is a well-known member here and an upstanding guy. A very rare thing it feels like today. If he doesn't mind, I'll share just a few pictures of the blade he took and had on his site so you all won't have to deal with my garbage photography skills. :laughing:

~Chris

P.S. Ed, if you want me to take down these pictures, just ask. I understand if you need it to be so! Thanks for the beautiful blade.

post-4665-0-10381400-1556132878_thumb.jpg

post-4665-0-75901300-1556132881_thumb.jpg

post-4665-0-90041100-1556132883_thumb.jpg

post-4665-0-39325900-1556132885_thumb.jpg

post-4665-0-72621800-1556132886_thumb.jpg

post-4665-0-06117600-1556132889_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Ed is a good guy. I narrowly missed the chance to own a decent wak in shikomizue by a few minutes (gotta keep checking the NMB all the time you know). He kindly offered to find me another. I actually thought the blade he was selling was rare enough (definitely cheap enough) that it would be an undue burden to hunt out a cheap (and having niku and wide motohaba) shikomizue, but I bet he would either have found me one or would still be looking if I’d have said OK. Healthy blades in shikomizue for $500 don’t grow on trees. if the owner is reading this and wants to offload it let me know. Ed please keep up the good work!

The hamon looks interesting in this blade. Pictures don’t do these justice of course so I’m sure it is way better in hand. It will be interesting for you getting to know this very old blade, I’m sure. It would be a nice challenge to see if your kantei can match the experts, but you can take your time.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..