Advise For Tsuba Boxes

Hello,

I'm a collector of tsubas and I'd like to buy some tsuba (kiribako) boxes. In the past, I ordered from Namikawa Heibei and was happy with the boxes I received but I was wondering if you had any piece of advise regarding where to buy new tsuba boxes. 

Thank you very much.

Hi Franco-

It depends on what you want. If looking for lower or mid end boxes, there are several outlets.

If looking for custom fit boxes, you can try certain places like:  http://www16.plala.or.jp/katana-iimura/otoshi.html

I have never dealt with them and understand they recently moved into 'temporary' accommodations. I don't know what to make of that, but hesitate to send anything valuable. A custom fitted box probably will cost $150 to $250 depending upon what you want.

I also have a few boxes I could part with. I was saving them, but would let up to 6 go.

I will PM about them.

Curran

Hi Franco-

It depends on what you want. If looking for lower or mid end boxes, there are several outlets.

If looking for custom fit boxes, you can try certain places like:  http://www16.plala.or.jp/katana-iimura/otoshi.html

For what its worth, i have ordered some items from them which arrived without issues. I haven't send them anything for that though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..