Opinion Of This Blade

Hello everyone, I would like to ask what do you think of this piece of Aoi. I've been looking information about Noda Goro Fujiwara Kanesada in the Seskos books and there is very little information. What makes me doubt is, in the description Aoi says that Kanesada and Iga no Kami Kinmichi are apparently the same person. I thought it was a beautiful koshirae and I wanted to know your opinion about the blade, do you think it is a quality piece? thank you

The link: https://www.aoijapan.com/katana-noda-goro-fujiwra-kanesadaiga-kami-kinmichi/

Emilio

Dear Emilio.

If you are thinking of buying this sword then don't let the fact that this particular Kanesada changed his name stop you.  Another example is here, http://www.nihontoantiques.com/archive/g76.htm

The sword on Aoi Art has NBTHK Hozon papers and is with a good looking koshirae, enjoy!

All the best.

• Like 1

Hi Geraint,

Thanks for your reply. It seems that the sword is fine, but I think the Koshirae is a bit above, I can be wrong because it's the feeling that I have and I'm a beginner. That's not a renowned kaji doesn't worry me if the quality of the blade is good, so I wanted to ask here, that there are people with great knowledge. Even though the koshirae I love, I want to give priority to the blade and get something of good quality in that budget. Do you think that this piece can opt for Tokubetsu Hozon?

Thank you very much for your time

Emilio

• 2 weeks later...

TBH I like the Koshirae more than the blade. Don't get me wrong, the blade is awesome but for the price, personally, I'd look for something older but that's just me.

The Koshirae is Mino Goto. I've never seen an actual complete matching set like that from such a high end school. The blade is good but I think allot of the value is in the Koshirae as well.

That's the thing with Nihonto. There is such diversity that you can choose what moves you. If this blade makes you feel good inside then go for it! The value is in the eye of the beholder. But you better move fast because this item is now ON HOLD!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..