Sharing

IanB

Having been a member of this Forum for years, I thought it long overdue to write a short note of thanks to Brian and all of those other members who freely contribute by sharing their knowledge and experience with others. The study and appreciation of Japanese arms and armour is a complex subject, the study of which is complicated by a labyrinthine terminology, and to most of us, a complex foreign language. I well remember my early days of collecting when the only source of information available to me was Basil Robinson's 'Primer of Japanese Sword Blades' and how I struggled to understand something of what was being described in its pages. Forums like this have opened the door for so many on a wonderful world of study and interest.

THANK YOU BRIAN AND ALL WHO HAVE CONTRIBUTED YOUR HARD WON EXPERIENCE.

Ian Bottomley

• Like 26

Really appreciate the comments and thoughts. Quite a feat to have made it this many years. Constantly amazed at the knowledge shared here by the members, and the work put in by the mods.
I'll do my best to grow and improve it, you guys do what you do best.

• Like 2

As a greenhorn this forum has been and is an absolute luxury in this field.

On top of that the lack of caps lock usage and internet fighting is refreshing, I chalk it down to the kind of people usually in hobbies like these but also the effect of having people sign with real names is not to be underestimated.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Collecting swords and armour as a hobby should always be rewarding for the collector.
Hobbies should be fun and learning more about the subject only builds and strengthens our understanding of the subject. 
As a community, we have this forum as a basis to meet, network and gather information freely. None of this would be achievable without those who have studied the subjects in detail.
For those that do contribute towards the learning of others, I sincerely thank you for your time and investment in us.  
I'm still very much a complete novice on the subject of Nihonto, I drop in here to glean information when I can and this is the only forum that I now visit.

Thank you to Brian and the moderator team.

• Like 3

Hear, hear! Many thanks to Brian and all the knowledgeable participants.  I will remain forever a novice, but my understanding has been greatly advanced by the generous sharing of those with more expertise than I can aspire to.

Michael S.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..