O-Zutsu #8

Re: Bizen no kami Nagafune jyu Yokoyama Tatsuzurmon Fujiwara HoroNobu saku

In light of the similar signature yesterday, this must surely be "Bizen no Kuni, Osafune Ju, Yokoyama Tatsuemon (no Jo)  Sukenobu Saku", methinks, except that he was not alive back then at the siege of Osaka.

Would it be possible to see the Osaka inscription?

The comment was not intended to suggest it was at the siege of the castle just made to defend Osaka. I have a carbine where on the barrel it give the gun a name " defender of Yamashiro ". The original owner of the gun #8 submitted for translation on the web site of shigeo sugawa and passed it on to me. I will try and take it apart, it's supposed to be post 1830's.

Not wishing to slang anyone off but re: "The original owner of the gun #8 submitted for translation on the web site of shigeo sugawa and passed it on to me". 

I hate to repeat this on this site, as I know I will get grief for it again, but Shigeo Sugawa despite amazing energy and the very best of intentions is not terribly good in the editing department. That is all I will say right now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..