Is It Worth To Be Polish ?

Dalva

Hello, the katana i found in the river already clean and i ask around to polish it will cost me lots of money. Do you guys think it is worth it to be polished ? It seems it will have good Hamon as Hamon is built in inside the sword so wht ever treatment use the line that separate hard steel and soft steel will be there

Thx

post-4833-0-78986700-1549443990_thumb.jpg

post-4833-0-62792800-1549444016_thumb.jpg

post-4833-0-15243100-1549444054_thumb.jpg

Yea, its in a bad condition when its first found 2 years ago. The Javanese acid treatment move away all the rust in the blade and the blade it self have a good steel. No new rust until now without oiling or anything for 2 years (its my own way to test steel quality as i dont hv sensei).

It might look ugly for Nihonto community as it not smooth n shinny but the durability again rusting, the metallurgy of the sword..for me who are iron guy, this sword tells lots of information metallurgy wise.

Anyway it will be preserve forever as my first Katana ^^

Yes, your first is always special. My first was a showato blade in a civilian mount. The saya is cracked and the blade has become blunt, sports fingerprints and scratches because the previous owner (the father of a kid I used to teach to) used it for martial arts. Yet, it still has a special place in my heart and even though there’s not much worth in it, I hope to have it restored one day to give it all it’s glory back.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..