Big('s) Discoveries

Chūmon-uchi

In an 2013 NBTHK article Mr. Iida Yoshio wrote about the Taikei Naotane datings. When he dated the season, the sword wasnt made for special order. When he dated the month the swords were called chūmon-uchi, special order work.

So there is a little dating code..

Best

• Like 4

Samurai armor will protect you and bring you happiness..

Gifts from the Samurai museum https://www.samuraimuseum.jp/shop/product-category/armor/page/2/

Best

Peter,

They suggest that you can wear their armour, in addition to displaying it......... the perfect outfit for wearing about town when you wish to be inconspicuous. :laughing: !

-S-

• Like 2

Over the years, our dojo has had a number of requests to shiai with our nanadan Sensei, which didn't seem unusual, but more & more requests have come in challenging our Senior Student, which did seem odd, as he's only yondan. I don't train in kendo, but I am our iaido Senior Student, & was beginning to wonder if someone was going to challenge me to tachi uchi no kurai, or something similar.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..