Big('s) Discoveries

Reinhard, we missed you. You have so much to contribute as far as sword knowledge is concerned, and you give us that? C'mon....you can do much better. :)
Throw us some pics or some sword stories, we understand the limits of pixels and bytes but it is still far better than absorbing Facebook.

Brian, I really do appreciate your efforts to keep this site alive.

I'm just wondering if this is going to work in a long run by celebrating links to unchecked information.

I'm aware of growing popularity of "youtube-learning" in these days, but this is not how you should approach Japanese swords and fittings. A few of these links might be guidances to better understanding, but finally you have to see objects yourself, have to understand basics. What I wanted to make sure is: Do not confuse easy entertainment and breaking news for a way to understand the real thing. It will not work.

Anyway, I'm watching your project from a distance and wish you well. I really do.

best regards - reinhard

Do you really think approaching Japanese culture is possible by sitting at home and studying bits and bytes and pixels?

Yes, if you happen to be supplementing that study with hands-on, real-world experience. What makes you think that we aren't doing just that?

Sorry to very-termporarily hijack your thread, Peter. :bowdown: 

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..