to good to be true?

Is this Tim Peppin?

If so, and it is 100% verified it is (I am sure it is) then what I suggest is getting Tim himself to bid a huge amount and make sure he wins it, then tell the guy to sod off.

Don't counter bid it up to some insane price, just make sure he wins. That way eBay can't hold the bidder responsible for the bid, since the pics are stolen from him directly. Someone notify him to do that....eBay won't end it fast enough I am sure.

Brian

GUYS I AM SO TIRED OF THIS GUYS BS!

YOU WONDER WHY EBAY IS BEING SUED HERE IN THE U.S. BY TIFFANYS AND INTERNATIONALLY BY OTHER COMPANIES FOR ALLOWING

FRAUDLENT AND FAKE ITEMS BELOW SOLD WITH NO ATTEMPTS TO STOP DUE TO THE HUGE SLEW OF $$$$$$$$$$$$ THEY MAKE ON THE LISTING FEES ---- ITS BECAUSE THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING #@%! AS LONG AS THAT MONEY IS LINING THEIR POCKETS WITH MORE GOLD THAN THEY COULD EVER FIND A PLACE TO HOLD IT.

I WILL WRITE THE CEO AND BOARD OF DIRECTORS NEXT WEEK - I WILL NOT LET THIS A$#HOLE DICTATE MY ALREADY TOO BUSY SCHEDULE.

THANKS TO ALL YOU THAT PERSISTENTLY KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR BASTARDS SUCH AS lindy2277.

TRIED TO BID 7K JUST NOW AND THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT I WAS NOTIFIED...

-------------------------

Place Bid

Hello samuraisword! (Not you?)

Transaction Blocked

Unfortunately, this seller has decided that you are not permitted to bid on their listings. You may contact the seller via the Ask Seller Questions feature if you want additional details.

Please note: You may not use other eBay accounts to bid on this seller's listings. Doing so may result in your indefinite suspension from eBay.

-----------------------

MY PERSONAL MSG TO SELLER IS - #$&@ $#&!!!!!!!!!

Guest Nanshoku-Samurai

Folks, it is no good writing to eBay and the current seller isn't a bad guy either. Some cyber criminal just managed to hijack an abondened account and now mis-uses it.

Tim, I don't want to discourage you but eBay and especially their elite employess most probably don't give a dime for this. The same thing is going on a hundred or maybe even a thousand times each day. So better protect your enviornment and safe on the enevelope and sheet of paper.

Max

"Some cyber criminal just managed to hijack an abondened account and now mis-uses it"

That was my guess, anyway it's up to $20,000 with a hour left, sure the real swords are worth that and than some i believe, i hope someone placed that bid that is not going to pay?

I went a few rounds with Ebay over their policies that favor the seller only, i got their no big deal 800 number they give to the suckers like me that send way too much on Paybay, i got one great shine job, or a few i would say a few shines, they would say "did you use Paypal, yes i would say, then Ebay would say, it's Paypal that can help, not us" end of story. Now i am not spending much on Ebay these days, i wised up, now i am saving for a good sword instead of buying for less hoping for a miracle, screw that, i rather have one good sword then dozens of marginal swords for sure. I will be looking else where before i spend big bucks on Ebay i hope to the gods. hehe

It's that same old story i believe, those who have the gold make the rules, with Ebay, next to no liability makes for great profits, they don't seem to care at all, it's the buyers that make it all work and them rich.

James

Ah, the seller is clever in that he saw Tim bidding up the last fraudulent items, and so now he blocked bids from him.

The same will happen to whoever bids the highest now.

But there are a lot of us here, and I am confident we can shut down every one of his auctions.

It's already higher than any normal person would bid, so we have stopped someone being conned again. If someone places him on the watch list or "notify me when there are new items" then we will know about his auctions early.

Btw..I agree completely with everything said about eBay here. On the other hand, if Tim phones eBay or emails them, showing repeated attempted fraud by this seller, they will remove the seller if the case is proven well. Yes, he will be back under a different name, but one day at a time, right?

Brian

Well as an last ditch effort I was able to open a different ebay account and bid up the auction to 15k after which eBay would not let me bid more. Someone then came back and bid to 19k then 20k before I gave in and hit the sack.

Below is what eBay told me...

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 1:48 AM

To: Tim Pepin

Subject: VE62828 Ended Response to your email to eBay's VeRO Department. (KMM296622307V15839L0KM)

Dear Tim,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to repeat listing.

eBay continually reviews the accounts of repeat offenders and takes

appropriate action. In general terms, the action we take may range from

an informational alert to a complete suspension of eBay privileges.

Please note that due to privacy concerns, we are unable to disclose the

action we have taken or may take regarding a user's account.

If there are additional listings you would like to report as infringing

your intellectual property rights, please submit a Notice of Claimed

Infringement to vero@ebay.com. Each time a listing is removed through

the VeRO Program, the seller is reviewed for further action.

To determine if a User ID is currently registered with eBay, you may

check their feedback profile at the following web address:

http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/fe ... login.html

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Ulia

eBay Customer Support

------------------------

He'll be back as we all know....

and eBay will do nothing....

end of story.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..