Upcoming Sales Listings At Swordsofjapan.com

This past weekend I took in a large collection of swords on consignment. I will be posting some of the best pieces here for sale in the coming days. This old collection includes no less than 5 Nobukuni tanto & wakizashi (Nambokucho through Oei), a signed Mino Kanetsune katana, long Kozori Iesuke katana, a Fujishima shobu-zukuri wakizashi, Sengo katana in koshirae, Bizen Kanemitsu katana in koshirae, a large Shinto katana attributed to sendai Kunikane, an o-suriage blade with old attribution to Unju, and many more. 

Best regards,

Ray Singer

raymondsinger@gmail.com

post-457-0-37890900-1548098868_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-93466200-1548098878_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-88936700-1548098884_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-12283200-1548098891_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-03462300-1548098897_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-32282500-1548098906_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-98479100-1548098914_thumb.jpgpost-457-0-52688100-1548098931_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for the kind words. I am presently listing swords from five collections. Each individual (owner) has different tolerance for structured payments. Is the case of this specific collection, the owner is looking to sell in a single payment for each item. He also does not have PayPal and has requested receiving a money order, cashier's check, etc (which is unique among those individual I consign for, with others receiving payments via PayPal). In every case, payment for the consigned purchase goes directly to the owner.

Best regards,

Ray  

Most are in shirasaya or koshirae. There are a few swords in this collection though which are in partial koshirae, such as the original saya only, and need a shirasaya made. Please note that I am still in the process of photographing and uploading these pieces to my website.

Best regards,

Ray

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am new to this forum and is very exciting to see all these names and Japanese traditional weapons

I am mainly interested in tanto not modern one but antique at least 200 years old with nice koshirae or shira saya but I prefer koshirae some attractive specimens with maybe Sakura flowers or something Japanese...,

Wonder if you have anything fir sake ABD at what price please?

I am total novice in this game so feel a bit lost by the amount of infirmation on this forum

Looking forward to reply from you

You can contact me directly on

Consult.engineering@gmail.com

Or I guess post your reply to thus forum but bugger if I know how to read it?!?!?

Thank you in advance and good luck with your sale

Kindest regards

Sasha

Sasha, there is a Wanted to Buy section on the forum where you can post exactly what you're looking for.

But have you invested in a couple of good starter books so you have at least some idea of what you want to buy? Spending $100 now & doing some studying will pay off manyfold in what you end up spending.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I am presently processing a new collection of swords I received on consignment. These include a number of excellent gendaito (most with gunto koshirae), a Gassan Sadakazu tanto, and others. A few highlights below. Any inquiries, please email raymondsinger@gmail.com.

Kind regards,

Ray

- Gassan Sadakazu (with aikuchi koshirae and Sadatoshi sayagaki) - $6,750*

- Kawashima Tadayoshi - $5,900*

- Sendai ju Yodogawa Minamoto Shigetoshi [KAO] - $3,300*

- Masauji - $3,100*

- Unshu ju Yoshitsugu (Kawashima Tadayoshi student) - $3,600*

- Kokura Rikugun Zoheisho - $3,100*

* plus shipping & PayPal/wire

• 2 months later...

List of swords now for sale. Please message me for further details

Gassan Sadakazu tanto with horimono - $6,750

Juyo quality Hojoji Masahiro in koshirae - $25,000

Special Order Shibata Sa katana - $7,000

Hachidai Tadayoshi tachi - $6,950

Ko-Uda - $6,500

Yamato Taima - $4,950

Excellent toranba wakizashi in koshirae - $2,500.00

Gendaito by Chikushi Kaneshige in gunto koshirae- $1,800.00

Shitahara Yasushige katana- $5,500.00

Komiya Kunimitsu - $9,500.00

Kaneuji Nobukiyo - $1,800.00

Hosokawa Masayoshi kodachi - $5,000.00

Hioki Kanetsugu tanto - $2,800.00

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I am presently processing a large number of consignments, including 8 very fine gendaito (most with koshirae). It will take me a bit to photograph and list these, so I wanted to start with sharing the list below. Please reach out if there are any that you would like details on.

1. Tsutsui Kiyokane + koshirae - $4,500*

2. Hizen Yoshitada + koshirae - $4,500*

3. Baba Tsugukiyo + koshirae - $4,500*

4. Ogawa Kanekuni + koshirae - $4,250*

5. Unshu Yoshitsugu (same smith as Unshu Sadatsugu, student of Kawashima Tadayoshi)  + koshirae - $3,500*

6. Hizen Tadaaki - $4,500*

7. Yanagawa Ushoshin (右正心, Tokyo gendai smith) + beautiful, mint koshirae with kamon - $4,500*

8. Mikawa Takenori - $4,000*

* Shipping and PayPal/Wire additional
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just a note here that I have some high-quality pieces coming in on consignment. This includes a long, signed and papered Kamakura tachi by Hatakeda Moriie in excellent quality itomaki-no-tachi koshirae for $35,000. Anyone wanting further details, please reach out to me at raymondsinger@gmail.com.

post-457-0-96776300-1593777048_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I may be offline here for a while. If anyone wants to reach me for any reason, please email raymondsinger@gmail.com. Always happy to help with translations, research, an opinion, extra set of eyes, etc whenever requested. 

Stay well,

Ray

• Like 4

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..