Finally....a truly functional tsuba

Tsuba Design - Metal Bottle Opener - (Not an Antique)

(A Tsuba is the hand guard of an old Japanese sword - real ones are highly collectable)

Looks like the real thing with a nice simulated patina enamel finish. Its made of metal but I don't know what the base metal is.

This is a replica of a famous Edo period crab motif tsuba (a Yagyu perhaps - any correction from the ebay community is welcome) and the design was modified to work as a practical bottle opener. Its a unique and really great gift idea for anyone who is into Japanese swords and fittings, or for yourself if you enjoy bottled beverages and want to impress your friends with a your grasp of Japanese history and culture.

I don't recommend that you try mounting this to your sword, although it might be kind of fun to have a bottle-opening weapon.

Dimensions (approximate): 8.2 x 8.5 cm (2.54 cm = 1 inch) Katana sized

These are produced by the Tokyo Metropolitan museum of art.

Comes in nice, presentable gift box. Get one for yourself!

post-17-14196748451273_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Aaah, the famous Owari Sukashi crab Tsuba from the Muromachi period (so much for the description)! Now I wonder even more why I was blocked from viewing it on eBay ...?

It is because some forbidden words in the terms of the advertisement are detected by the robot.

In France, i was blocked from wieving Fujishiro's books :steamed:

Hi all,

It´s pretty common in some countries that ebay items are being blocked this way.

But there is a simple workaround. Just go to your browsers language settings and choose English as your main language (in Firefox I had to completely remove German from the list).

You will then be able to access those items again :)

Hope this helps...

best,

Guido wrote :

Now I wonder even more why I was blocked from viewing it on eBay ...?

Guido, I just have a feedback from my childish twin saying that probably e-bay has been reading your last post about the Last NMB Members Tokyo Gathering and decided to take care of your health :D :D :beer: :beer:

• 11 years later...

Good lesson guys.  When you see something on another website that will likely have a short life, please take a screen shot or two so we can memorialize it in our threads.  This thread popped up again leaving all but those who saw the item 12 years ago baffled.  I'm just saying....

I had an interesting one a few days ago. Visiting my mother who was having tea with the ladies from her townhouse complex. Someone brought a bottle of wine. None of those present being regular drinkers...we couldn't find a corkscrew. Someone eventually found a cheap one, screw in type. I screwed it into the cork almost all the way down, and on the last turn...the metal corkscrew broke off level with the cork. :o
Never had that happen before. The cork is supposed to break, not the screw!
Anyways, eventually we found another corkscrew and I managed to screw it never to the other one and extract both. But what a curious thing to happen.
And far away at home I have a box of Swiss Army knives. I guess we are supposed to carry one :laughing:

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..