Pinterest - Teppo And Other Interesting Shtuffs...

Bazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

All Pinterest has accomplished, other than turning their users into revenue producing drones, is the monopolization of search results, and the propagation of misinformation. They have made serious research on the web much more difficult.

Cheers,

-S-

Sorry but you are so absolutely wrong I started laughing when I read your post!! Pinterest is amazing, you really do not know what you are talking about. There is more Teppo related images and information on Pinterest than any other place on the internet except here, please stop mis-leading people.

I happen to agree with Steven. Not to say you haven't done superb work gathering pics Eric, and I agree there is a massive amount of pics there. But I find it is terrible as far as extracting info is concerned, and when I see pinterest links come up in Google I ignore them. I shouldn't have to go and load individual pages to try and wallow through descriptions to see if there is any info worth reading. And it is not user friendly. You have to sign up to even view the pages for goodness sake.
Photobucket in the making.

• Like 3

I made the stupid mistake of signing up on Pinterest some time ago because of some research I did. Not only was I disappointed with the content, I'm now bombarded with "recommendations" by Pinterested although I unsubscribed already a couple of times. Those mails go straight into my spam folder now, but I still find it irritatating.

• Like 2

I'm afraid I must agree, Pinterest is a pain in the a*s. It might pull up a couple of interesting images and then floods page after page of what it considers comparable items. Goodness knows what algorithm it uses to work out what is 'related', but it isn't anything I would recognise.

Ian Bottomley

• Like 3

I have used Pinterest since it started many years ago, I would never touch Photobucket again, Pinterest is so completely superior. I have never received unwanted emails or notifications, not one problem ever, I have around 39,000 images and book reviews, screens shots of important texts and much more, all stored in separate, easily findable categories. I have 9,000 followers and what I post gets seen and distributed all over the world. It does not cost me a cent to use. I follow around 500 people with the same interests as me and I can see the images they post, some of which are amazing, I can save these images in any one of my categories instantly....a few adds get thrown in but they have to make money to survive, so what.

If someone is having a problem with Pinterest I suggest its due to operator error...or cranky old man syndrome. There is no place better on the internet to openly share and store images and information than Pinterest.

Respectfully, I think you are missing the point of the complaints, Eric. Pinterest may be a wonderful place to store and share photo's on the internet. I won't argue that point. Where it suffers is as a reference. As others have pointed out, Pinterest clutters search results when searching for actual information. It is a giant rabbit hole for anyone trying to research INFORMATION on a topic as 90% of its results end up going nowhere.

Respectfully, I think you are missing the point of the complaints, Eric. Pinterest may be a wonderful place to store and share photo's on the internet. I won't argue that point. Where it suffers is as a reference. As others have pointed out, Pinterest clutters search results when searching for actual information. It is a giant rabbit hole for anyone trying to research INFORMATION on a topic as 90% of its results end up going nowhere.

Russel that was one of several complaints, I do a huge amount of online research online, general info, books and images, yes sometimes I have to scroll down past the Pinterest image results but I still manage to find what I am looking for. This is something that is not going to change and complaining about it does not help, this is a result of Pinterests popularity and search engine improvements which pick up tag words in Pinterest descriptions way better than they use to. As an example, if I do a search for "kusari katabira" I instantly have a vast amount of images to choose from, before Pinterest ....nothing...for me and some people it is a huge improvement. I personally would never want to go back to the way things were.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..