New Photography

Good pics!

I have a Samsung and a nice Olympic but BOTH are terrible at detailed macro shots. Even via the "macro" and "super macro" settings, the focus is horrible!

Ive tried almost everything and the best I can get is some lucky center focus on my closer photos.

Examples here show great clarity on small areas only. Im looking for something that focuses more of a whole such as your pics Ray (dont mean to thread hijack, just posting pics for comparison)

post-4634-0-49336800-1545110302_thumb.jpg

post-4634-0-62001500-1545110312_thumb.jpg

I have been very pleased to see Ray's results. I am off work from today until January 2nd, so I figured I would try and see what I could do using some light angles, camera phone angles, magnification, etc.

Let's just say......well most shots were not very good at all :(

I did get 3 I like and they show the elegant masame work on the Norikatsu katana I have. Hope you all like:

post-4009-0-83133200-1545351096_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-96212700-1545351235_thumb.jpg

post-4009-0-63911000-1545351246_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Yes, Piers, polarizing filters are made for any size of DSLR lens, as well as for Android & iPhone. I have quite a collection, as I've been shooting everything from weddings to architectural photography since my college days. Never tried doing any serious shooting with my phone, mostly because I'm so used to having a camera in my hands.

I have a Canon 6D, 7D, & two T2i DSLRs with 11 lenses, along with an SX50, SX70, & an old SD850 that I carry around in my butt-pack, so there's always a camera within reach.

Ray, if you're shooting & editing your great photos on a mobile device, I've gotta' take my kabuto off to you!  :bowdown:

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..